5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 16 August 2018
Welcome to page two of two. Here are today’s Top 10 items…
10. Workspace as a Service: CloudJumper has launched a channel promotion that provides IT service providers with an unlimited number of free NFR licenses of Cloud Workspace Management Suite (CWMS) software within a single tenant Azure deployment. CloudJumper has been gaining adoption with MSPs in recent months, according to multiple milestone statements from the company.
9. IoT Monitoring Momentum: Acorn Energy‘s Q2 revenues rose 18 percent to $1.2 million. Demand for the company’s remote monitoring and control systems for generators, pipelines and other industrial assets continues to grow, and Acorn remains in acquisition mode within the IoT space, CEO Jan Loeb says.
8. MSPs & Hardware Leasing: Whether it’s leasing or true hardware as a service, MSPs often struggle to navigate the financial challenges of OpEx-oriented hardware deals. Amid that reality, ConnectBooster is offering this hardware leasing guidance to MSPs.
7. GlueCon – Have Lunch With Verne Harnish: If you’re heading to IT Glue’s GlueCon 2018 conference in September, limited seating is available for a personal lunch with Verne Harnish. Details are here.
6. Funding: Private equity firm Level Equity has invested $15 million in Instaclustr, a provider of managed solutions for scalable open source technologies. Instaclustr has roughly 100 customers so far.
5. SugarCRM Acquired, Seeks M&A Targets: Accel-KKR has acquired SugarCRM, and the CRM software company is now seeking to acquire marketing and sales companies that have subscription models… Financial terms of the Accel-KKR deal were not disclosed.
4. M&A – E-commerce IT Consultants: Omnicom Precision Marketing Group (OPMG) has acquired Credera, a provider of management and technology consulting services in the marTech (marketing technology) and ecommerce sectors. Credera, founded in1999, serves numerous Fortune 500 companies. Headquartered in Dallas, Credera has 300 consulting professionals with offices in Denver and Houston.
3. M&A – Salesforce Partner Expert: Tequity has emerged as a leading M&A advisor to Salesforce partners. The company has advised on five Salesforce partner transactions, including Figur8’s sales to AllCloud. Tequity provides exit, merger, and carve-out advisory services exclusively to mid-market software, IT services, and information technology companies…
2. M&A Advisor – Office Equipment Deals: Mike Dudek and Rich Wisniewski of Zygoquest Group advised ALPS Altus, (known as A Laser Printer Service) and its owner Nathan Mohasesi on the sale of assets to LaserCycle USA. Financial terms were not disclosed. Dudek, Wisniewski and Zygoquest typically surface on our radar about once per month. They’re constantly assisting office equipment companies with M&A deals…
1. Benchmark Your MSP: How is your business performing compared to the overall MSP and IT services market? Join our next ChannelE2E webcast to find out.