5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 13 September 2018
Welcome to page two of two for this particular blog.
10. Funding – Container Monitoring: Sysdig has raised $68.5 million in Series D Funding, led by Insight Venture Partners, with participation from previous investors Bain Capital Ventures and Accel.
9. HIPAA Quiz: Compliancy Group has launched a HIPAA Quiz — which allows health professionals to assess the status of their organization’s HIPAA compliance. The quiz could be a key assessment tool for MSPs supporting health care customers.
8. Talent – IT Management Software: Micro Focus has hired BMC veteran Jon Hunter as chief revenue officer. He joins Micro Focus at a critical time for the European security company. Micro Focus’s buyout of selected HP Enterprise software assets has not lived up to expectations yet, and the company changed CEOs earlier this year…
7. Talent – MSP Part One: Logicalis has opened an office in Corona, Calif. Among the key leaders in the area: Cyndi Quintero-Barrera, regional VP, West. She reports to Chief Sales Officer Mike Houghton.
6. Talent – MSP Part Two Nucleus, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP in Vancouver and Toronto, has announced several executive updates. Founder and CEO Gary Baerg has stepped down as part of a planned transition. President Martin DesRosiers now extends into the CEO post; VP of Operations Karl Fulljames becomes COO; and Director of Finance Kam Mlait becomes CFO. Each of the executives has been with the fast-growing MSP for several years. Nucleus now has roughly 60 employees, and the company offers IT services to roughly 150 customers across Canada.
5. Lenovo Security: The PC giant has unveiled ThinkShield by Lenovo. The initiative is designed to secure Lenovo devices through their entire lifecycle, the company says.
4. Security Momentum: Webroot‘s annual recurring revenue (ARR) rose 12 percent for the fiscal for its fiscal year ending on June 30, 2018. That marks the company’s 18th consecutive quarter of double-digit growth, Webroot says.
3. Breaking News – M&A: Bomgar is acquiring BeyondTrust, a provider of Privilege-Centric Security, from an affiliate of Veritas Capital, the parties confirmed this morning. We’ll share more details on MSSP Alert soon.
2. Hurricane Florence: Complete coverage of the hurricane, business continuity and disaster recovery efforts is here.
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter, delivered Monday-Friday.
- Attend our next webcast
- Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs
- Top 50 Amazon AWS Partners
- Top 50 Cloud Management & Monitoring Tools