5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 11 January 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, January 11, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
11. Talent – Google to Rubrik: Former Google Channel Chief Bertrand Yansouni has joined Rubrik as the company’s VP of worldwide channel. In this role, Yansouni will develop and lead the global vision and strategy for Rubrik partners, including value added resellers, distributors, solution providers and systems integrators. Yansouni reports to Mark Smith, executive VP of global sales and business development.
10. Talent: Noteworthy moves include…
- Nectar Services Corp., which develops and deploys proactive network monitoring and performance management software for the Unified Communications (UC) industry, has hired Ken Archer as Chief Revenue Officer. Archer now oversees Nectar’s global sales, revenue goals and strategic partnerships.
- Cambium Networks, a global provider of wireless networking solutions, has hired Jodie Boeldt as director of training and development. The training effort spans employees, customers and partners regardless of physical location.
- Webroot has hired Drew Thomas as VP of corporate development. He’s responsible for driving Webroot’s corporate partnership and acquisition strategy, and managing the company’s business intelligence team.
- ScanSource has hired Matthew Dean as VP and general counsel.
8. Leadership: Women in the Channel (WiC), a not-for-profit organization focused on accelerating the growth of female channel leaders in technology, announced updates to its leadership team, including a new president, new officers and two new members of the Board of Directors. Longtime WiC board member Stacy Conrad, VP of channel sales at Fusion, is WiC’s new president. Conrad succeeds Hilary Gadda, director of national channel development for TPx, who held the role for the past two years. Here’s a look at the entire board for 2018:
7. Unified Communications & SMS: Reinvent Telecom, a provider of private-label cloud-based Unified Communications, Collaboration and Contact Center solutions, has added Business Short Message Service (SMS) to its private-label Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS) solution.
6. Data Protection: SoftNAS, a cloud data platform company and software-defined NAS provider for the cloud, has launched SoftNAS Cloud Essentials version 3.7, optimized for Veeam Availability Suite. SoftNAS also announced the achievement of Veeam Ready Archive status, verifying performance for full and synthetic full cloud-backup jobs using SoftNAS Cloud Essentials. The move comes as Veeam’s data protection platform rapidly gains momentum in the enterprise.
5. Big Salesforce Deployment: Deloitte will deploy Salesforce Service Cloud and the overall Salesforce Platform offerings to modernize the Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS). The deployment will provide faster service to citizens in need of food, cash and medical assistance, the companies claim.
4. Partner Program: SUSE, the Germany-based Linux distribution provider, has named ATS Group and Novacoast as two of its latest North America partners. The two, with the help by SUSE, have demonstrated exceptional ability to derive value and increase innovation from open source solutions, the Linux provider says.
3. M&A – Data Centers: Evocative, a data center provider whose footprint has until recently been limited to several West Coast facilities, has acquired a data center in Reston, expanding to Northern Virginia, a region that hosts the world’s largest data center cluster, according to DataCenter Knowledge.
2. M&A – IT Consulting: Trianz, a global digital consulting and technology services firm, has acquired CBIG Consulting (CBIG), a Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics consulting firm in Chicago. Financial terms were not disclosed.
1. How Much Is Your Business Really Worth?: Find out by joining ChannelE2E’s January 18 webcast. We’ll cover VAR, MSP & CSP valuations; key KPIs to help you increase your company valuation; and the Top 100 M&A deals of 2017. Guest speaker: Service Leadership Inc. CEO Paul Dippell. Register Now.