5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 09 August 2018
Greetings, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to influence your day for Thursday, August 9, 2018.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
9. Financial Results – Data Centers: Equinix, the data center and interconnection provider, says revenues were $1.262 billion in Q2 2018, up 18 percent from Q2 2017.
8. Symantec Employee Stock Plan Controversy?: In addition to recent layoffs, Symantec apparently canceled an employee stock plan in an alleged cost-saving measure, according to The Register. ChannelE2E has not independently confirmed the report.
6. Talent – Unstructured Data Management: Igneous has hired Cylance veteran Shaun Walsh as VP, channels and alliances. Igneous solutions protect unstructured data in any NAS or cloud store. Key alliance partners to date include Pure Storage, Veeam, Qumulo, NVIDIA, Amazon, Google and Microsoft.
5. Talent – Online Credentials: PasswordPing, a cyber-security startup that screens online accounts for compromised credentials, has named Michael Greene CEO. He succeeds founder Mike C. Wilson, who shifts to CTO.
4. Talent – CISO: Cloud Computing Concepts (C3), a communications services provider, has named Michael Scheidell as its chief information security officer.
3. IT Services Partnership: RingRx, which develops a cloud-based communications system for healthcare practices, has partnered with Cloud Concepts (no relation to C3 in item 4 above) to make RingRx solutions more widely available to enterprise healthcare companies, the companies say.
2. Remote Access & Control: TeamViewer has unveiled integrated ticketing system enhancements for help desk managers. The updates also deliver various improvements for Apple iOS and Google Android users.
1. Black Hat USA Conference News: Midsize and large MSPs, MSSPs and MDR (managed detection and response) providers on-site at the conference include eSentire, Infogressive, IBM Security, MKACyber and Optiv. Memo to MSPs in the SMB sector — start attending this conference. We’ve got meetings with each of those companies and more today. Related News: Track our Black Hat meetings & news analysis here on MSSP Alert.