5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 08 March 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, March 8, 2018.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
17. Apple Investigation: Apple has found a higher number of serious violations of its labor and environmental policies for suppliers, such as falsifying work hours data, as it expanded the scope of its annual audit of conditions of workers making its iPhones and other products, Reuters says.
16. SAP Investigation: SAP found compliance breaches and “indications of misconduct” in $50 million of public sector deals in South Africa involving the Guptas, friends of former president Jacob Zuma accused of corruption, Reuters reports.
15. SnapChat Layoffs: Snapchat parent Snap Inc is laying off nearly 10 percent of its engineering team, or about 100 people, CNBC reports
14. Distribution – Earnings: Tech Data’s net sales were $11.1 billion in Q4 2018, up 49 percent compared to the prior-year quarter. At first glance, the huge jump is a bit misleading, since much of the gain involves revenue from the Avnet Technology Solutions acquisition. But take a closer look and you’ll notice that revenues were $520 million higher than Wall Street expected, according to SeekingAlpha. We’ll likely share more thoughts later today.
13. Log Management: Datadog Log Management is now generally available. Customers and MSPs can now enrich, monitor, and analyze logs from all their systems for troubleshooting, auditing, visualization, and alerting, the company says. Datadog, a fast-growing startup, also offers cloud-scale application performance monitoring (APM) and infrastructure monitoring.
12. Cloud, Software Market Analysis: The NPD Group has launched a U.S. B2B Software and Cloud Tracking Service. The new service includes distributor and reseller sales information for B2B software, which covers business applications sold on a standalone basis, as a service, or sold with hardware; as well as cloud platform services, which encompass the delivery of cloud computing resources and the associated applications used to integrate into cloud environments. Categories covered in this service include, security, storage & data protection, business applications, database & app development, IT operations & networking, and cloud services. We’ll be watching for updates…
11. M&A – Document Management: Conga, which specializes in Intelligent Document Automation, has acquired Octiv, a provider of web-based document solutions.
Continue to page two of two for today’s items 10 to 1.