5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 04 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, October 4, 2018.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
14. Synnex Quarterly Financial Results: The distributor, which now positions itself as a business process services company, says revenues were $4.9 billion for Q3 fiscal year 2018 — up nearly 15 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
13. HP Inc. Sounds Upbeat: HP gave an upbeat view on its 2019 profit forecast — reinforcing the company’s product portfolio and demand sounds strong…
12. Dell IPO Backup Plan: Dell has met with investment banks to discuss a conventional initial public offering, among other options, stoking doubts about its ability to return to public markets through a $21.7 billion deal that has drawn investor scrutiny, Bloomberg reports.
11. Partner Program – Communications: Fuze, a cloud-based communications and collaboration platform provider, has expanded its Global Partner Program. Chief Sales Officer Chris Doggett is driving the effort. The company will host a Professional Services Partner Summit this month, from October 15-17, 2018, in Boston.
10. Partner Program – Data Management: Unstructured data management specialist Igneous has launched a partner program to work with VARs, direct market resellers (DMR), MSPs to address the engage data-intensive industries like Life Sciences, EDA, Media and Entertainment, Financial Services, and Machine Learning driven organizations, the company says.
9. Professional Services Automation: Kimble has launched Resourcing Analyzer — an add-on product to Kimble PSA, which will provide self-service analytics for resourcing managers and related staff, the company says.
8. Microsoft Cloud Managed Services: XenTegra, a provider of integrated digital workspaces and managed services, has been named a Microsoft Gold-Certified Partner. The company’s IT expertise includes desktop, security, backup and monitoring as a service.
7. Talent – Cloud Services: Intermedia has hired Scott Anderson as chief marketing officer. He previously held key roles at Hewlett-Packard, Sun Microsystems, Bazaarvoice, Weyerhaesuer, and CNN International.
6. M&A – IoT: Tata Communications is acquiring Teleena, a Netherlands-based Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity specialist and mobile virtual network enabler (MVNE), the companies say.
5. M&A – Cloud Cost Management: Apptio has acquired FittedCloud, a provider of tools for monitoring cloud spending.
4. M&A – Custom Software Consulting: Cognizant is acquiring Softvision, a privately-held digital engineering and consulting company focused on agile development of innovative software solutions and platforms. Financial terms were not disclosed, but reports suggest the deal’s value was about $550 million.
3. M&A – Professional Services: BerganKDV has merged with HSMC Orizon, raising total headcount to roughly 400 employees. BerganKDV offers professional services across tax, audit and accounting; business planning and consulting; and technology, payroll and HR management services.
2. M&A – MSP: SoftwareONE has acquired ISI Expert, an Office 365 and Azure managed services and infrastructure provider based in France.
1. Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list and get the research. Register now for our October webcast.