5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 04 April 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, April 4, 2019.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
15. Partner Program – Cloud Storage: Wasabi, a cloud storage company, has launched the Wasabi Partner Network. The program is designed for solution providers, including MSPs, CSPs, system integrators, or anyone offering managed or cloud services, the company says. Wasabi claims to offer enterprise-class cloud storage that’s one-fifth the price and up to six times faster than traditional cloud ventures. The company was founded by former Carbonite CEO David Friend.
14. Partner Program – Growth: Flashpoint which specializes in Business Risk Intelligence (BRI), has grown its Global Channel Program 150 percent year-over-year since its formal introduction in 2017. Also, the company’s channel-driven revenue has grown more than 200 percent since it signed its first partner in 2015. Revenue from the channel accounted for 45 percent of Flashpoint’s revenue in 2018. The anecdotes sound promising, but Flashpoint didn’t disclose actual revenue or profit figures from the channel. Growth rates, after all, are hard to place in proper context without those additional figures.
13. Partnership – Lenovo & Storage: Lenovo will promote Excelero’s NVMesh software-defined block storage to customers and channel partners worldwide.
12. Managed SD-WAN Services: Globalgig has launch a managed SD-WAN service — including an advisory practice.
11. Talent – Oracle Cloud Executive Departs: Eric Roza, senior VP and GM of Oracle Data Cloud, has resigned to spend more time with his family, according to AdExchanger. Rob Tarkoff, EVP and GM of Oracle CX Cloud, will oversee the Oracle Data Cloud business effective immediately, according to the report. ChannelE2E has not independently confirmed those details.
10. Video Conferencing – Growth: Lifesize, the video conferencing equipment specialist, has surpassed $100 million in bookings with an 80 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for annual recurring revenue (ARR) over the last four years, the company says. The company did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures, however.
9. PSA Software – Growth: Kimble Applications, a professional services automation (PSA) software provider, ranks among Europe’s fastest-growing companies, according to Financial Times. Kimble’s absolute revenue growth was 280 percent from 2014 to 2018, the company reports. The company is backed by Accel-KKR, a technology-focused investment firm.
8. PSA Software – Upgrade: Upland Software has launched Upland PSA, a professional services automation software platform that augments services automation with proposal automation, voice of the customer and employee surveys, customer reference management, and insights-driven business intelligence, the company says. The upgrade also appears to be a rebrand of the former Tenrox PSA platform.
7. Data Protection: Unitrends has launched new Recovery Series MAX appliances — three under the Unitrends brand and three under the Unitrends MSP brand. They are specifically designed to handle use cases requiring much more compute power than traditional appliances, Unitrends asserts. Kaseya, which owns Unitrends, has multiple backup, restore and data protection platforms for MSPs. The others include Kaseya Unified Backup and Spanning.
6. Digital Innovation – Four Secrets to Success: Accenture reveals them in this research report.
5. Due Diligence Management: Sterling has launched Sterling GlobalIQ, a cloud-based application suite that provides life-cycle management of due diligence processes.
4. M&A – Legal Managed Services: EY has acquired the Thomson Reuters Pangea3 Legal Managed Services (LMS) business. The deal follows EY’s recent acquisition of Riverview Law.
3. M&A – WeWork & IT Services: WeWork has acquired Managed by Q — a platform for hiring office services such as MSPs and IT service providers…
2. M&A – MSPs: Coretelligent, backed by private investment firm VSS, has acquired managed services IT firm United Technology Group. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: We’ll unveil the complete list — yes, all honorees — and associated research during our April webcast. Register now to join us.