5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 23 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, September 23, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Today’s Morning Brew
1. M&A – Private Equity and Cloud Management: Sky private equity is acquiring Aztek Technologies, an Israel-based cloud planning, implementation and software license management provider, according to CTECH.
2. M&A – Data Centers?: Multiple companies are exploring a potential takeover of data center company CyrusOne. Potential suitors include Digital Realty Trust Inc. or perhaps a combined bid from EQT Partners and Digital Colony Partners, according to Bloomberg. Rumors about a potential bid from KKR, Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners and I Squared Capital also surfaced in August. CyrusOne operates about 48 data centers serving customers across the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and Singapore.
3. IPO – TeamViewer: The remote control software developer is expected to launch an IPO soon. TeamViewer supports 20 million sessions daily and the company is already profitable, according to Reuters. However, TeamViewer will need to make sure that it’s business doesn’t become stained by ransomware attacks. Hackers have occasionally used TeamViewer to illegally access MSP customer networks.
4. IPO – WeWork CEO Debate: Will WeWork’s board dismiss CEO Adam Neumann as part of a turbulent path forward toward IPO? A decision could come as soon as today.
6. NTT Data Centers: NTT will rebrand multiple data center units over the next few months, uniting all of the assets under the NTT moniker. The company operates roughly 145 data centers across roughly 20 companies.
7. New Spiceworks Ownership: SpiceWorld 2019, an IT management conference hosted by Spiceworks, kicks off this week in Austin, Texas. The event is particularly timely considering Ziff Davis and J2 Global recently acquired Spiceworks, a combination IT management and social media platform for IT professionals.
8. Amazon Small Business Awards: Amazon has unveiled an Amazon Small Business Awards competition to recognize companies across three categories:
- Small Business of the Year;
- Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year; and
- Small Business Owner Under 30 of the Year.
Small businesses with an active Amazon Seller or Vendor can submit nominations here. Deadline for participation is Sunday, October 6.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Hybrid IT Services Monitoring – Zenoss and Google: Zenoss now allows partners and customers to manage on-premises and cloud workloads from a single pane of glass, the company says. The capabilities, developed in partnership with Google Cloud Platform, speeds migrations to cloud services, Zenoss claims.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Spiceworks Spiceworld 2019 (September 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Intelisys Channel Connect 20219 (September 25-27, Monterey, California)
- Box BoxWorks 2019 (September 30-October 4, San Francisco)
- Cherwell Clear 2019 (September 30-October 3, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Continuum Navigate19 (October 1-2, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].