5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 22 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 22, 2018.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
7. Tableau Partner Program: This week’s Global Partner Summit at Tableau Conference in New Orleans has attracted more than 750 system integrators, VARs, and technology partners, the data analytics software company says. Key moves include new integrations with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse. We’ll share more details soon.
6. Oracle Cloud Partners: The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console now includes the Oracle Cloud Marketplace — an online store for thousands of Oracle and partner-built business applications and services, including FireEye, HighJump, and ICS Financial Systems, the company announced at Oracle OpenWorld 2018.
5. Alleged Software Piracy: Microsoft has filed a lawsuit against Edgar Gamble, a Texas man who allegedly sold pirated Office, Windows and other products, GeekWire reports.
4. Regulating Artificial Intelligence: Congress is taking its first steps toward regulating artificial intelligence, according to The Conversation.
3. MSP Software Integration: Datagate is now certified to integrate with ConnectWise Manage. MSPs can connect their Datagate pay-as-you-go billing into their ConnectWise Manage environment. Datagate’s online billing portal processes the usage data feeds of telecommunication providers and manages the data aggregation, rating, billing and analysis of service usage, the company says.
2. M&A – Oracle Partner: Accenture has acquired DAZ Systems Inc., a provider of Oracle ERP Cloud services. We’ll share more details soon.
1. M&A – MSPs: Integritek has acquired Acutech Network Services Inc., the companies confirmed today. Acutech’s CEO and staff will join Integritek’s team and focus on growing the company’s footprint in Southern California. We’ll share more details soon.