5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 18 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, March 18, 2019.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
11. Re-branding – Plantronics & Polycom: Plantronics has rebranded its business as Poly. The new name, which means “many,” leverages the audio and video expertise of Plantronics and Polycom, the company says.
10. Cloud Distribution – Data Protection: The Ingram Micro Cloud U.S. Marketplace now offers Vault America‘s hybrid cloud backup and recovery solution. Additional Vault America solutions are expected to surface in the marketplace in the months ahead.
9. MSPs – Homeland Security: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is evaluating a potential IT outsourcing strategy that leans on MSPs, according to a DHS request for information.
8. MSPs – Data Protection: Insight Enterprises, a global systems integrator, has expanded its Insight OneCall managed services to support Commvault’s data backup and recovery solutions.
7. Layoffs – Google Pixel & Chromebook Hardware?: That sounds like a possibility…
6. Remote Support: TeamViewer has upgraded its offering for the MobileIron platform. Specifically, a new version of the [email protected] for iOS powered by TeamViewer is now available, which allows administrators to remotely view their customers’ iOS devices.
5. IPO – PagerDuty: The incident management software provider is pursuing a $100 million initial public offering, according to an SEC filing. PagerDuty’s revenue was $84 million for the nine months ended October 31, up from $47.9 million in the corresponding period the previous year. The company’s net loss was $34.5 million, up from a $28.8 million net loss in the same nine-month period the year earlier. Key rivals include Atlassian (which owns OpsGenie) and Splunk (which owns VictorOps).
4. M&A – Private Equity and Linux: EQT, a private equity firm, has completed its buyout of SUSE from Micro Focus.
3. M&A – Dimension Data Management Buyout?: Senior managers at Dimension Data may acquire some of the IT services company from parent NTT, Bloomberg reports.
2. Technology Conference: HP Reinvent 2019 is this week in Houston. ChannelE2E will closely track the PC and printer maker’s partner strategy updates.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.