5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 14 January 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, January 14, 2019.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
15. Intel CEO Search: The chip giant has been seeking a new CEO for more than six months but it’s unclear if a new leader will be announced in time for the company’s January 24 quarterly earnings results announcements, Bloomberg says.
14. More IBM Layoffs: IBM is cutting about 300 employees from this business division. The technology giant is set to announce quarterly results on January 22, 2019.
13. Talent: Apttus has hired Microsoft veteran the Frank Holland as CEO. Apptus specializes in middle office technologies.
12. Brexit Concerns Escalate: British police have advised retailers to consider hiring additional security to cope with fears of food shortages and other goods in the event of a no-deal Brexit, CNN reports.
11. MSP Sales Support: ID Agent, a provider of Dark Web monitoring and identity theft protection solutions, has enhanced its white glove support services for MSPs.
10. Private Equity and Partial U.S. Government Shutdown: The partial U.S. government shutdown is delaying some private equity deals…
9. Private Equity – Service Management: Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors has invested $30 million in Decisiv, a developer of Service Relationship Management (SRM) solutions.
8. Potential 2019 Technology IPOs: Here’s a list of companies that could go public this year. Quite a few of them have growing partner programs…
7. M&A – MSP Business Unit: Winxnet, a Microsoft partner and managed IT services provider for small and midsize businesses, has acquired the MSP division of Forza Technology Solutions.
6. M&A – ServiceNow Partner: CDW has acquired Scalar, a major ServiceNow partner in Canada.
5. M&A – MSP Merger: Simpatico and TeksInc are merging. The deal creates an MSP that offers managed network services and cybersecurity expertise.
4. M&A – Five MSPs: CompassMSP has acquired five MSPs over the last two years or so, including a new deal involving TS Tech Enterprises.
3. M&A – Managed Print Services: Novatech has now acquired 13 managed print services and copier companies, raising total annual revenues to more than $100 million.
2. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Participate in our survey here and your company could be honored among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.
1. How Much Is Your Business Worth?: Find out during our next ChannelE2E webcast…