5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 13 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, May 13, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News
1. M&A – Mobile Analytics: ServiceNow is acquiring the in‑app mobile analytics platform and R&D talent of Appsee, an Israel‑based application analytics platform company. The NOW platform will gain “deep user analytics,” ServiceNow says.
3. Talent – Small Business Hiring: Job growth at the smallest businesses has fallen to the lowest levels in nearly eight years as tiny companies struggle to attract and retain workers in the tightest U.S. job market in half a century, according to an analysis by Moody’s Analytics for The Wall Street Journal.
4. Talent AT&T Layoffs: The telecommunications giant this year plans to cut roughly 90 call center jobs in Connecticut, The Hartford Business reports.
5. Talent – Outsourced Service Desks: GMS Live Expert, which offers outsourced service desk capabilities to MSPs, has promoted Danny Obaseki to VP of sales. Formerly director of partner development, Obaseki is well-known across the MSP ecosystem. He has helped more than 1,000 MSPs and numerous channel vendors to optimize revenue opportunities in the price-sensitive SMB market, GMS Live Expert says.
6. Field Service Provider Automation: ServicePower plans to launch a new Business Management Software (BMS) solution for service providers in June 2019. The new ServicePower HUB — designed for mobile, tablet and desktop devices — enables service providers to “deliver effective onsite service by managing work orders, schedules and technicians, while providing real-time visibility into their operations,” the company says.
7. Financial Lifeline – Cloud Services: Fusion, a cloud services provider (CSP), has secured $15 million in bridge financing as the company “continues to review strategic options to enhance capital structure. The company in March 2019 disclosed that is was postponing its Q4 2018 earnings call because of an incomplete audit process. More recently, Fusion has been negotiating with lenders and potential buyers to “enhance its capital structure.”
8. Bankruptcy Update – Windstream: The service provider, which is navigating bankruptcy, expects to report first quarter financial results on May 15. We regularly update Windstream’s bankruptcy status here.
C. Partner Program Updates
The latest partner program announcements include…
1. Distribution: Ingram Micro Cloud has agreed to distribute Serviceaide Luma, an AI-powered virtual agent. The relationshop also includes Serviceaide’s Intelligent Service Management (ISM) platform for IT service management (ITSM).
D. Five Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Bosch ConnectedWord IIoT Conference (Germany)
- Haystack Connect IoT Conference (San Diego)
- IoT World 2019 (Santa Clara)
- Most Profitable MSP Services (Webcast – May 23)
- ZertoCon 2019 (Nashville)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.