5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 07 May 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, May 7, 2018.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
17. HP-Xerox Deal?: As Xerox scrambles to renegotiate the company sale to FujiFilm, plenty of folks are wondering if HP Inc. will step in and make a better offer for the copier company…
16. Google I/O: Here’s what to expect at this week’s big Google I/O conference…
15. Microsoft Build 2018: And here’s what to expect at Microsoft’s big Build 2018 conference…
14. Goodbye: Nvidia has killed its partner program in order to end “the rumors, conjecture and mistruths” about the company’s business goals. “Rather than battling misinformation, we have decided to cancel the program,” the company said in a blog post…
13. Small Business Debt: Small businesses are using the recent tax cuts to pay down debt, according to a recent survey.
12. Talent: Seaborn Networks, a developer-owner-operator of subsea fiber optic cable systems, has hired EarthLink veteran David Zimmer as chief sales officer. He oversees Seaborn’s direct sales, channel strategies and inside sales.
11. IT Labor Market: Tech industry employment grew for the third consecutive month in April , though at slightly slower pace than in the preceding two months, CompTIA reports. The bulk of the 7,000 new jobs were in the category of IT services and custom software development, the association says.
10. MSP Day?: A so-called ‘MSP Day‘ will unfold May 23 in the UK…
9. Backup Analytics & ServiceNow: APTARE Backup Manager, which provides reporting and analytics across enterprise global data protection environments, independent of the underlying backup technologies, now has a certified integration with ServiceNow.
8. PSA Upgrade: Kimble Applications is rolling out the company’s Summer 18 release, a PSA (professional services automation) upgrade that features so-called “intelligent resourcing.” The enhancements enable project managers to “easily update central resourcing with their team’s latest commitments and availability,” the company says. New onboarding and offboarding wizards, and GDPR features to support the right to be forgotten also surfaced in the release.
7. RMM & PSA Software: Naverisk has upgraded its combination PSA and RMM platform with new project management capabilities, network bandwidth monitoring and alerts, personalized with customized email templates. Founder Jon Kalaugher re-acquired the company last year and now runs it as CEO.
6. M&A – Remote Management: Nokia has acquired SpaceTime Insight, a software platform that industrial customers use to manage millions of devices and assets across their networks. Financial terms were not disclosed.
5. M&A – Backup and Disaster Recovery: Carbonite has quietly sold its Zmanda open source enterprise backup business to Betsol, Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. M&A – Oracle NetSuite Partner: RSM, a provider of audit, tax and consulting services, has acquired Explore Consulting, an Oracle NetSuite solution provider. We’ll share more details soon.
3. M&A – Salesforce Partner: Spaulding Ridge, a management consulting company, is acquiring Buan Consulting, a provider of Salesforce CRM, CPQ and Contract Management services. We’ll share more details soon.
2. ServiceNow Knowledge18 Conference: Find all of our live coverage here this week.
1. Kaseya Connect 2018 Conference: Find all of our live coverage here this week, including perspectives from the MSP M&A Symposium, which kicks off the conference today.