5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 06 May 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, May 6, 2019.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
14. Azure Pressures Arista Networks: Arista Networks‘ latest quarterly results met Wall Street’s expectations, but the networking company’s stock fell sharply on Friday amid rumors that Microsoft Azure plans to slow its Arista purchases in the current quarter.
13. Talent: CloudJumper, aWindows Virtual Desktop (WVD) specialist, has hired Frank Anderson as Field CTO.
12. MSPs and SD-WANs: ePlus now offers managed services for Cisco’s Viptela cloud-based, software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) solution.
11. Senior Care: K4Connect, an IT solutions provider, is deploying Amazon Alexa voice assistant technology to Eskaton Village Roseville, a nonprofit Sacramento-based senior living organization. Eskaton claims to be the first senior living provider in California to offer the Amazon Alexa to all its residents in one community.
10. Open Source for MSPs: xMatters has open-sourced Cthulhu, a “chaos” engineering tool that allows IT service providers to enhance the reliability of their infrastructure as well as offer resilience services to their customers, the company says.
9. Microsoft Channel Partner Conference: The IAMCP SoCal Party 2019 is scheduled for October 24 at the Hotel Irvine in Orange County, California. IAMCP is the largest chapter of the International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners in the United States.
7. Private Equity Warning: Warren Buffett isn’t a fan of private equity and the way leverage has been increasingly used over the years while investor protections have lessened, Yahoo Finance reports. Private equity is “not as good as it looks,” the Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A, BRK-B) CEO said at the 2019 Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders Meeting on Saturday. “If I were running a pension fund, I’d be very careful about what is being offered to me,” said Buffett, the report said.
6. Private Equity Fraud: The U.S. Department of Justice has charged two former executives at private equity firm Southport Lane with a fraudulent investment scheme, Institutional Investor reports.
5. M&A – MSPs: BCN Group, the Manchester-based IT cloud and managed services specialist, has acquired Blue Logic, a leading provider of IT services in Leeds and West Yorkshire, The Business Desk reports.
4. Microsoft Build 2019 Conference: Our live blog is here.
3. ServiceNow Knowledge 2019 Conference: Our live blog is here.
2. M&A – Kaseya Acquires ID Agent: Details are here.
1. Join Us – My Most Profitable Managed Service: We’ll cover that exact topic during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now to join us.