5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 04 November 2019
Here ere are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, November 4, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – Cloud MSPs: Rackspace is acquiring Onica, an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) Premier Consulting Partner and AWS Managed Service Provider. The deal surfaced this morning.
2. Merger – NOCs and Security: NetEnrich and ThreatLandscape are merging, MSSP Alert reports. The combined company, under the NetEnrich brand, will offer outsourced NOC (Network Operations Center) and IT operations services coupled with cybersecurity capabilities. NetEnrich has spent recent years introducing a range of outsourced IT services for midmarket partners.
3. M&A – MSSP Software: Sumo Logic has acquired JASK Labs, uniting SIEM and SOC automation software for MSSPs and MDR (managed detection and response) partners.
4. Cisco Partner Summit 2019: Track this live blog for all the news from this week’s conference.
5. ConnectWise IT Nation Recap: We’ve got more news and analysis to share from last week’s ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 conference in Orlando, Florida. Find it all here.
6. M&A – ServiceNow and Attivio: ServiceNow has acquired Attivio. The result: ServiceNow’s IT service management (ITSM) platform will push beyond keyword-based search to support conversational AI and natural language searches.
7. Talent – Data Protection: Veeam Software has promoted Jim Kruger to chief marketing officer (CMO). He previously was SVP of product and solutions marketing.
8. Talent – IT Consulting: Accenture has named John Walsh as group CEO of the Communications, Media & Technology and business.
9. Four-Day Work week: After spending August experimenting with a four-day work week in a country notorious for overwork, Microsoft Japan said sales per employee rose 40 percent compared with the same month last year, Bloomberg reports.
10. M&A – Done Deal: Symantec has completed the sale of its enterprise assets to Broadcom.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Partner Program – Bots and Business Automation: Troy Web Consulting has achieved silver status in UiPath’s Partner Program. UiPath makes workflow and business process automation software. Partners and developers leverage UiPath to transform manual business tasks into automated trends. That’s a hot trend, and UiPath has experienced rapid growth. Still, UiPath recently confirmed some job cuts.
2. HPE Partner Program: HP Enterprise has built its fiscal year 2020 Partner Ready Program to help partners monetize as-a-service offerings.
3. Talent – ServiceNow Channel Chief: SAP veteran Marion Ryan is now senior VP, alliances & channel ecosystem, Asia-Pacific and Japan, ServiceNw. She’s based in Singapore.
4. Talent – ERP Channel Chief: Unit4, a provider of people-based cloud ERP software, has named Beata Wright as EVP/Global Head of Partner Ecosystems and member of the Global Leadership Team. Beata will lead the company’s global partner ecosystem strategy to deliver additional, best of breed cloud solutions and services to its customers around the world.
5. Talent – Channel Leadership: The Alliance of Channel Women, a not-for-profit organization focused on accelerating the growth of female channel leaders in technology, announced a new president and vice president to lead the ACW Board of Directors. Specifically:
- Longtime ACW board member and committee chair Amy Bailey, VP of marketing at Telarus, is ACW’s new President. Bailey succeeds Stacy Conrad, director of channel sales, South East for TPx Communications, who held the role for the past two years.
- ACW also tapped Cassie Jeppson, director of North America channel programs at Lenovo, as its new vice president. Jeppson succeeds Rebecca Rosen, VP of marketing at Broadvoice, who held the position as VP of ACW for the past two years.
6. Distribution – Cloud Services: Ingram Micro Cloud has introduced “go-to-market automation to help partners reduce acquisition costs, drive more business opportunities and increase revenue,” the distributor says.
8. Consulting – Google Cloud Platform (GCP): HCL Technologies has launched the HCL Google Cloud Business Unit to accelerate enterprise cloud adoption worldwide. This dedicated business group has 1,300 Google Cloud professionals and plans to ramp this capacity to more than 5,000 specialists…
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Kaseya Connect IT Europe 2019 (November 4-7, Amsterdam)
- Microsoft Ignite (November 4-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Cisco Partner Summit (November 5-7, Las Vegas)
- Service Management World Conference (November 9-13, Orlando,Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.