5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 04 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, March 4, 2019.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
9. M&A – AI & Wireless Networking: Juniper Networks is acquiring Mist Systems, a developer of cloud-managed wireless networks powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI). The $405 million acquisition aligns with Juniper’s wired LAN, SD-WAN and security solutions, the buyer asserts.
8. Huawei Preps Lawsuit: Huawei is preparing to sue the United States government for banning federal agencies from using the China-based company’s products, The New York Times reports. U.S. leaders have also been pushing foreign governments to ban Huawei’s products, claiming the gear could support China’s spying activities. Huawei has denied the claim.
7. Partner Program: Virtru, a data protection platform provider, has launched the Virtru Velocity Partner Program for VARs and VADs.
6. Unified Communications & Analytics: Intermedia has launched Intermedia Unite Envision, an analytics platform that helps administrators and partners to visualize, in real time, the performance of the Intermedia Unite unified communications and collaboration system.
5. Distribution – Contract Win: SYNNEX and its Westcon-Comstor Americas arm have earned a $48 million GSA blanket purchase agreement for Cisco Systems-related IT products and services. The three-year deal authorizes the GSA, U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) and state, local and education entities to acquire Cisco IT products from SYNNEX participating dealers, the companies say.
4. MSP Talent – Rackspace Layoffs: The cloud-focused MSP has had targeted staff cuts, though the overall business is profitable and growing, according to a spokesperson.
3. Managed Services Revamp: Dimension Data, a global technology integrator, has launched its next-generation global managed services. The MSP services manage over 9,000 IP networks and support over 13 million users worldwide, Dimension Data says.
2. Office Depot and Alibaba vs. Amazon: Office Depot is aligning with China’s Alibaba to counter Amazon’s small business e-commerce push. Office Depot also owns CompuCom, the IT solutions provider. Hmmm…
1. RSA Conference 2019 Live Blog: Track complete conference news and analysis here on MSSP Alert, our sister site. Send me your RSA Conference news ([email protected]) for consideration. Sorry, but my schedule is fully booked at the show.