5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 01 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 1, 2018.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
7. Oracle Cloud Leader?: When Oracle President Thomas Kurian resigned on September 28, the technology giant did not name a specific successor for Kurian’s cloud responsibilities. That begs the question: Is this person now running Oracle Cloud?
5. Data Centers: DC BLOX, an Atlanta-based provider of data centers, network and cloud services at the edge, has opened a data center in Huntsville, Alabama. On final buildout, the entire facility will deliver 46,000 square feet of data hall space and up to 15MW of IT power. All of DC BLOX’s data centers offer colocation, network and cloud storage services.
4. MSP Acquisition: Hilltop Consultants, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP, today is expected to publicly announce another MSP acquisition in the legal vertical. Hilltop President Jim Turner shared these details with ChannelE2E.
3. This Week’s Conferences: ChannelE2E will closely track several of this week’s key technology, partner and security conferences — including:
- Kaseya Connect Europe (here’s a preview)
- Splunk Conference 2018;
- Synnex Inspire;
- Workday Rising; and
- multiple cybersecurity conferences for MSSPs.
We’ll be on-site for Splunk Conference in Orlando, Florida. Please email me news tips for all conferences, and meeting inquiries for Splunk Conference (Joe@AfterNines.com).
2. Kaseya Acquires Spanning: Breaking details are here.
1. Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list and get the research. Register now for our October webcast.