5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 01 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 1, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – MSP Management Buyout: Think Concepts, a 23-person MSP in Aukland, has been acquired in a management buyout. CEO Ahlam AyoubZadeh and COO Simon Davis purchased the IT service provider from founder Hadleigh Bognuda, Reseller News reports.
2. Joint Venture – Data Centers: Equinix and Singapore wealth fund GIC are partnering to launch a joint data center venture in Europe. The new business, xScale, will build data centers in Europe. The data centers will seek to serve cloud service providers (CSPs) and large enterprises.
3. IBM-Red Hat Acquisition: IBM’s $34 billion buyout of Red Hat could face a delayed closing amid some pushback in Brazil…
4. Google for Small Business: The search giant has introduced Google for Small Business, which aims to “help small business owners find the right Google products to help them succeed in today ’s digital economy.” Alas, the website so far doesn’t mention MSPs or other types of partners that can assist SMB s with cloud services projects, migrations and activations…
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Data Protection – Datto Hall of Fame: The Brookfield Group earned this year’s Datto Hall of Fame award during the DattoCon19 conference. The award honors The Brookfield Group’s business performance and longstanding relationship with Datto, a major provider of MSP-centric technology solutions.
2. Migrations – Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server 2008: Ingram Micro has introduced support solutions to help partners migration Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 to Microsoft Azure. But partners need to get moving. Microsoft is ending SQL Server 2008 support this month (July 2019), and Windows Server 2008 support in January 2020.
3. Oracle Databases on Google Cloud: IT consulting giant Atos and Google are partnering to support Oracle database customers with new capabilities in Google Cloud data centers in Frankfurt (Germany) and Ashburn VA (North America).
4. SD-WANs: CloudGenix has launched a CloudBlades platform for partners to deliver network (SD-WAN), security, voice, multi-cloud access, and operational tools without additional hardware or software. More than 20 different CloudBlade offerings support such infrastructure services as Palo Alto Networks, Zscaler, CheckPoint, Symantec, Microsoft, Equinix, Amazon, RingCentral, ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Slack, and others.
5. Information Management: M-Files Corporation, an information management company, announced “significant progress” with the transition of its global partner network to a subscription and cloud-based business model. In the first quarter of 2019, 83 percent of business that came through M-Files partners in the U.S. was subscription-based, the company says.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].