5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 01 April 2019
Welcome to page two of two, featuring items 10 to 1.
10. Help Desk Chatbot – ServiceNow Meets Facebook: Workplace, Facebook’s enterprise collaboration and communication application, and ServiceNow announced a new chatbot to make it easier for employees to navigate a company’s help desks inside Workplace Chat, TechCrunch notes.
8. M&A – Management Buyout: Members of Workforce Insight’s leadership team acquired the company from Baird Capital, which no longer has a stake in the firm, Staffing Industry reports. Workforce Insight provides strategic workforce management consulting, analytics and managed services. When Baird Capital acquired the firm in 2014, Workforce Insight had served more than 225 customers, including 12 Fortune 100 organizations by aligning labor with business demand and supporting compliance with government regulations and labor contracts.
6. M&A – Copier and Printer Dealer Acquisitions: Ubeo Business Services, backed by private equity firm Sentinel Capital Partners, has acquired multiple printer and copier dealers in recent months The targets include Ray Morgan Co., PrintRX LLC, Braswell Office Systems Inc., Core Business Solutions and CopyZone, according to The San Antonio Business Journal.
5. Private Equity – Load Balancing: Mill Point Capital has invested in Kemp Technologies, a provider of load balancer and application delivery controller solutions and services.
4. Ingram Micro for Sale?: The rumor from December 2018 might be surfacing again — if you listen closely enough…
3. Startup Funding – Women of Color: Tennis Champion Serena Williams is backing Bumble Fund, an investment fund that backs diverse, female-led startups.
2. SMB Health Insurance: A federal judge has struck down a small-business health insurance plan widely touted by President Donald Trump, the second setback in a week for the administration’s health care initiatives, The Associated Press reports.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: We’ll unveil the complete list — yes, all honorees — and associated research during our April webcast. Register now to join us.