5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 30 March 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, March 30, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look
10. Distribution: Synnex’s latest quarterly revenue and earnings results beat Wall Street’s expectations. The company’s technology solutions revenue was $4.0 billion, up 33 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Adjusting for the Westcon-Comstor acquisition, Technology Solutions grew 12% over the prior year. The company’s Concentrix revenue was $508 million,up 6% over the fiscal first quarter of the prior year. The results bode well for new CEO Dennis Polk, who is settling into the position after Kevin Murai’s retirement.
9. Momentum: China’s Huawei Technologies, the world’s third-largest smartphone maker, posted a 28 percent rise in 2017 net profit on Friday, driven by cost controls and a solid performance in its home market, Reuters says. Huawei is navigating tricky waters, as the U.S. and other foreign countries consider scaling back or fully abandoning the company’s IT products. Critics allege Huawei is too closely aligned with China’s government — which prompts security and intellectual property concerns. Huawei denies such allegations.
8. First Responder Platforms: Cradlepoint has deployed its cloud-managed mobile network solutions in over 1,000 local, state and federal public safety and first responder organizations across the United States.
7. Microsoft Reorg: In a massive memo, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has unveiled a company reorganization. The short version: Microsoft is doubling down on cloud and artificial intelligence as Windows becomes less strategic to the company’s future.
6. Talent: Dell Technologies has promoted Allison Drew to chief marketing officer. She succeeds Jeremy Burton, who is exiting the company.
5. AWS Cloud Management: UK IT service provider KCOM and Atlanta MSP Relus Cloud have embraced New Relic to help customers ease Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud migrations and ongoing cloud monitoring, New Relic says.
4. Multi-Cloud Management: VMware has unveiled VMware vRealize cloud management platform (CMP) software updates. The lineup includes VMware vRealize Automation 7.4, VMware vRealize Business for Cloud 7.4, VMware vRealize Log Insight 4.6, VMware vRealize Operations 6.7, vRealize Orchestrator 7.4, and VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.2. All of the upgrades are expected to become available by May 4, 2018.
3. Bots & IT Service Management: Ivanti has unveiled a cloud-delivered artificial intelligence (AI) application for service management. Ivanti’s cloud-based Hub and Bot capabilities offer virtual support agents (VSAs) that are contextual, conversational and intuitive for the end user, fully integrated with the overall service management workflow, the company claims.
2. Top 50 Cloud Monitoring and Management Tools: Complete the survey and your company’s cloud monitoring/cloud management platform could get honored in May…
1. MSP Revenue Plan: How can your MSP reach $1 million in annual recurring revenues? Register now for our next webcast to get specific guidance from our guest MSP speakers.