5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 26 April 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 26, 2019.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
7. SolarWinds Acquires Passportal: We’ve got the details here.
6. IoT Networks – Airports: Arrow Electronics has launched a Smart Airport Asset Management Solution, an IoT (Internet of Things) solution co-created with IBM. The solution, which allows airport operators to proactively monitor and manage equipment, leverages:
- Arrow-designed and sourced set of IoT sensors and gateways;
- the IBM Watson IoT Platform; and
- IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management software.
5. Investment – Distribution & Automation: Ingram Micro has invested $10 million in HDS Global and the RoboFS Purchaser Program. RoboFS, according to HDS Global:
“is a software-defined, end-to-end fulfillment system combining intelligent vision and AI with mobile and articulated robots that can, from a single installation, support highly flexible and scalable sorting, storage, retrieval and picking in large scale manufacturing and distribution operations.”
Ingram also invested in HDS in 2017.
4. Continuum Rebrands, Expands: Continuum has rebranded and expanded its portfolio of solutions for MSPs. The lineup includes:
- Continuum Fortify (formerly Continuum Security);
- Continuum Command (formerly Continuum RMM);
- Continuum Recover (formerly Continuum BDR);
- Continuum Assist — a rollup that leverages Continuum’s NOC, SOC and help desk services; and
- Continuum Enable for MSP training, certification and sales coaching.
The rebranding journey is somewhat similar to a ConnectWise move in 2016. However: Here’s what may differentiate Continuum from rivals for the long haul…
3. Acronis APIs: Acronis has opened its APIs to third-party developers and software partners.
2. Talent – Hybrid Cloud Management: CloudBolt Software has hired Grant Ho as Chief Marketing Officer, Russell McGuire as Vice President of Worldwide Sales, Tripp Millican as Vice President of Engineering, and Maya Enright as Vice President of Human Resources.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: We unveiled the honorees on Thursday.