5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 24 August 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 24, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Gartner Researcher Exits: Gartner has cut ties with Peter Sondergaard, its global head of research and advisory, due to behavior the company “determined to be inconsistent with its code of conduct and core values,” ZDNet reports.
10. VMware VMworld 2018 News: Check this out…
- Daily Live Blog: ChannelE2E’s ongoing blog coverage from the conference is here.
- Plus: VMware and Amazon Web Services to announce partner milestones and new, expanded services.
9. HP Inc. Financial Results: HP Inc.’s fiscal 2018 third quarter net revenue was $14.6 billion, up 12 percent from the prior-year period, the PC and printer giant said Thursday. PC revenues rose 12 percent, with commercial sales (up 13 percent) growing faster than consumer sales (up 10 percent). Printing revenue rose 11 percent year over year. The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations. Still, HP shares fell a bit this morning amid concerns about hardware margins.
8. Splunk Financial Results: Splunk’s revenues reached $388.3 million in fiscal Q2 2019, up 39 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. The company signed up more than 550 new enterprise customers during the quarter. Still, the company had a $103.5 million net loss for the quarter — larger than the $78.6 million net loss in Q2 2018. Nevertheless, the results beat Wall Street’s expectations. Related Conference: Splunk .conf18, the company’s annual conference for partners and customers, is scheduled for October in Orlando.
7. Intuit Succession Plan: CEO Brad Smith plans to step down at the end of 2018. He’ll be succeeded by Sasan Goodarzi, currently executive VP and GM of Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group. Also, CTO Tayloe Stansbury will step down Jan. 1, 2019. Senior VP will Marianna Tessel will become CTO at that time.
6. Personal Backup Software: Acronis has released a 15-year Anniversary Edition of its personal backup software, Acronis True Image 2019. The company claims built-in artificial intelligence-based anti-ransomware technology has stopped more than 200,000 ransomware attacks on 150,000 customers last year.
5. ServiceNow & Box Partnership: ServiceNow and Box are integrating their platforms to provide customers with an enhanced collaboration and content management experience for their most important business processes, the two companies say.
4. MSP – Regional Expansion: eMazzanti Technologies, a New York area IT consultant and MSP, has opened a Montreal branch office.
3. M&A – MSPs: Peach Technologies has acquired Taylor Made Computer Solutions (TMCS). The combined companies have roughly US$25.6 million in sales. The company claims to rank among the United Kingdom’s largest independent managed IT services providers (MSPs).
2. M&A – Salesforce Partner: Cognizant has acquired SaaSfocus, one of the largest Salesforce Platinum consulting partners in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. The company has operations mainly in Australia and India. Financial details were not disclosed. ScanSource made a similar Salesforce partner acquisition earlier this month.
1. Top 50 MSPs for AWS/Top 50 MSPs for Azure: Get the lists and see the research. How? Attend our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter, delivered Monday-Friday.
- Attend our next webcast
- Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs
- Top 50 Amazon AWS Partners
- Top 50 Cloud Management & Monitoring Tools