5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 21 June 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, June 21, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Hackers Hit MSP Software Platforms Again: New cyberattacks have hit MSP software platforms and extended ransomware out to end-customer systems, according to reports. The MSP software attacks apparently involved compromised credentials rather than software vulnerabilities.
3. Red Hat Financial Results: Red Hat‘s first quarter of fiscal year 2020 financial results include the following key performance indicators:
- Revenue of $934 million, up 15 percent year over year.
- Net income of 141 million, up from $113 million from the corresponding quarter last year.
4. Red Hat Sale to IBM: The Red Hat financial results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations, and reassured investors as IBM seeks to finalize its $34 billion buyout of Red Hat. Assuming the deal gets finalized, IBM will gain a portfolio of popular software — including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), virtualization, storage and middleware tools. The offerings are widely used both on-premises and in public clouds, which may help IBM to gain ground as a hybrid cloud software provider within and across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and more.
C. Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Channel Chiefs
1. Women of the Channel: The Alliance of Channel Women, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of female channel leaders in technology, has opened opened a call for nominations for the 2019 ACW LEAD Award, an initiative that recognizes exceptional women in the channel. Deadline for nominations is July 28, 2019.
2. Talent: Profisee, a data management software company, has hired Oracle and UPS Logistics veteran Todd Jarvis as VP, global partnerships and alliances.
3. IT Consulting Services – Cloud Applications: Wipro, the India-based IT consulting and services giant, has opened a Pivotal Center of Excellence at Wipro’s Dallas, Texas, office. Pivotal is the cloud software platform largely owned by Dell Technologies. Wipro joined Pivotal’s partner program in 2017, and in 2018 the two companies built a strategic partnership. By March 2020, Wipro Digital will have over 2,000 knowledge workers trained to build and support Pivotal solutions, the company says.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- LogicMonitor Level Up (June 24-26, Austin, Texas)
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.