5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 12 April 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 12, 2019.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
9. IPO – Pager Duty: The company raised $218 million in its IPO Wednesday, coming in above the high end of its recently increased pricing range and then soaring more than 59 percent in its first day of trading, Silicon Valley Business Journal reports.
8. Office 365 Backup Services: Adoption of Druva’s Office 365 backup service has doubled in the past 12 months, the company says. However, Druva did not disclose if the figure is based on revenue, number of customers or amount of data stored. Nor did the company disclose the baseline figures for the growth — so it’s actually impossible to say whether the “doubling” claim is impressive.
7. Database Migration Services: SentryOne has launched CloudLifter, a product suite that simplifies and de-risks migrating SQL Server databases to hosted cloud services, the company claims.
6. Managed Cloud Services: If you inspect ChannelE2E’s Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs, you may notice that many of those companies leverage CloudCheckr as a key cloud management tool in their portfolio of services.
5. Managed Services for Microsoft Active Directory: Google Cloud Platform wants to offer exactly that.
4. MSP – Digital Experience Monitoring: Catchpoint has launched a “fully Managed Monitoring Service Provider offering” to help companies deliver stronger digital experiences.
2. Private Equity – Staples Loaded with More Debt: Private equity once again loads more debt on a struggling retailer. Anybody else care to predict how this story will end?
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: We’ll unveil the complete list — yes, all honorees — and associated research during our April webcast. Register now to join us.