5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 10 November 2017
Good afternoon, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Friday, November 10, 2017.
Actually, there are six timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
6. Windstream Reorganizes: Windstream has reorganized into two distinct units: Cloud & Connectivity and Consumer & SMB. The move comes after Windstream had layoffs and eliminated the company’s stock dividend in mid-2017. Still, Windstream has some growth opportunities — particularly in the SD-WAN market segment.
5. Cloud Giant?: Dimension Data and NTT Communications are creating a single ‘cloud powerhouse’ by bringing together their cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) capabilities under the management of NTT Communications, the companies say. Hmmm… Is this a big dynamics partnership — or perhaps Dimension is punting IaaS to NTT?
4. Data Protection: Druva has unveiled Druva Apollo — a cloud service that enables data management for IaaS and PaaS cloud workloads on a single policy control plane. The offering is available for Amazon Web Services (AWS), including EC2, S3, EBS and RDS).
2. PSA Adoption: everythingIT, a rapidly growing IT solutions provider in Prince Edward Island, has adopted Promys PSA to help consolidate the company’s Managed Services and Support Contracts, Help Desk Ticketing, CRM, Quoting, Project Management and Customer portal into one platform, the companies say. Promys PSA, meanwhile, has quietly been growing about 35 percent per year…
1. IT Nation Recap: We’ll post recaps from dozens (yes, dozens) of interviews over the next few days. All the content will surface here.