5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 08 June 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, June 8, 2018.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
14. New Verizon CEO: Verizon CTO and Ericsson veteran Hans Vestberg will succeed CEO Lowell McAdam on August 1, Verizon confirmed this morning.
13. New BearingPoint CEO: Kiumars Hamidian will succeed Peter Mockler as Managing Partner of BearingPoint. Hamidian has been with the company for 22 years, and since 2002 as a Partner. The company is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries.
12. IT Outage Costs: IT failures at British bank TSB have cost around 70 million pounds ($93.95 million) so far, its Spanish parent Sabadell said on Thursday (source: Reuters). Still, TSB’s chairman says the board fully supports CEO Paul Pester, after Pester came under attack from lawmakers over his handling of an IT crisis, casting doubt on his position.
11. Crypto Regulations?: Canada’s Quebec province has halted approvals for new digital currency mining projects to give it time to consider restrictions on their operations and raising the rates they pay for power, Reuters says.
10. Google & Artificial Intelligence Ethics: Google will not allow its artificial intelligence software to be used in weapons or unreasonable surveillance efforts under new standards for its business decisions in the nascent field, Reuters says.
9. SD-WANs: BT has launched a software defined wide area network (SD-WAN) managed service using Cisco Systems technology.
8. Business Continuity: Commvault and Alibaba Cloud plan to leverage each other’s technology and market advantages to deliver “advanced, innovative and scalable hybrid cloud data management solutions to help customers and partners across the globe accelerate digital transformations.”
7. Talent & ESOPs: CALIBRE Systems Inc., an IT service provider that has an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) business model, has promoted Dr. Craig E. College to executive VP and CFO.
6. Talent – MSP Software: Auvik Networks has hired Scott Tyson as managing director, EMEA. This is Auvik’s first hire in Europe, I believe. The company develops network management software for MSPs.
5. MSPs and Managed Application Services: ScienceLogic makes its move…
4. M&A – Network Management: LiveAction has acquired Savvius, a provider of packet-capture and analytics appliances and forensic software solutions. The goal: Create the industry’s most advanced network performance monitoring and diagnostics platform, LiveAction said this morning. We’ll share more details soon.
3. M&A – MSPs: Business Technology Partners has acquired the Secure IT engineering division of STI Group and the managed services division of PTS. We’ll share more details soon.
2. M&A – Global MSPs: Datatec subsidiary Logicalis Group Ltd. has acquired Coasin Chile S.A., a Chilean ICT services and solutions provider, which also has operations in Peru. We’ll share more details soon.
1. How Can MSPs Differentiate?: TruMethods CEO Gary Pica shared details during his Schnizzfest 2018 keynote this morning. Here’s a recap.