5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 05 April 2019
Here five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 5, 2019.
Actually, there are six timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
6. Talent — RMM Security: NinjaRMM has hired Lewis Huynh as chief security officer. Huynh will drive the company’s security and data privacy initiatives. He previously held key posts at OneView Commerce, Oracle and OwnerIQ. The move comes as hackers increasingly attack MSP software platforms to break into end-customer systems.
5. Private Equity Slowdown?: Here’s the anecdotal evidence.
4. Citrix Systems Up for Sale?: Apparently, yes and no…
3. M&A – MSPs: In case you missed them, ChannelE2E reported on four MSP- and partner-oriented mergers and acquisitions yesterday. The deals include:
- Coretelligent acquired United Technology Group (UTG), a Georgia-based MSP. Private equity was involved.
- By Light Professional IT Services acquired Phacil, a government MSP & cybersecurity consulting firm. Private equity was involved.
- Park Place Technologies acquired MCSA Group, an IT services & solutions provider. The companies will focus on third party data center hardware maintenance.
- NTT Data Services acquired Cognosante Consulting, a health information technology solutions and services provider for federal and state health agencies.
- More Partner Conferences: Check the ChannelE2E Event Calendar for a comprehensive list of VAR, MSP and CSP conferences throughout 2019 and beyond.
- More MSSP & Cybersecurity Conferences: MSSP Alert’s Event Calendar lists them here.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: We’ll unveil the complete list — yes, all honorees — and associated research during our April webcast. Register now to join us.