Business Development Representative
We are growing our team of Business Development Representatives who are responsible for generating leads for our entire Carbonite midmarket sales team. They play a key role in our success by locating, educating, and qualifying leads and prospecting them by telephone, email, and other means. The Business Development representative will also assist in sales events and will work with the Inside Account Executives and Channel Managers to develop effective targeting strategies.
Your First Thirty Days:
- Become fully acquainted with our culture, values, and environment
- Understand the competitive market, who our prospects are, why they would do business with us, etc.
- Shadow and train with a seasoned sales team to fully comprehend the products, processes, relationships, and more
Your Second Month:
- You’ll be full trained and ready to start generating leads in current and new territories for the sales team
- Make approximately 50 calls per day and schedule 5-10 appointments per week (or more!)
- Develop and deliver a compelling mini-commercial for your leads: “our customers come to us because . . .”
Three Months and Beyond:
- Establish yourself as a leader on the team
- Work with Inside Account Executives and Channel Managers to brainstorm and develop successful sales and marketing strategies
- Continue to prospect and generate leads, collaborating with your team to build best practices for this function
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Outbound calling and emailing into targeted businesses within a defined region to prospect, educate, and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound prospects
- Gather key prospect data from the initial conversation, from the web and other sources, and provide that data to the Inside Account Executive
- Utilize Salesforce.com to generate and manage a pipeline of leads and opportunities
- Set initial appointments with Inside Account Executive or Channel Manager
- Reach or exceed performance metrics on dials, appointments set, and conversion to a sales qualified opportunity
- Strategize with Inside Account Executive and Channel Manager to target highly qualified sales prospects
- Collaborate with field marketing to drive attendance at key targeted events
- Keep abreast of industry and technologies to be a trusted resource to prospects and partners
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in B2B business development preferred.
- Phenomenal interpersonal communication skills and phone presence.
- Proven track record of success in goal-driven, metrics-based environment.
- Demonstrable ability to work with cross-functional leaders inside and outside the organization.
- Proficiency with various software applications program including Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com is strongly preferred.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- Passionate, professional, self-motivated, accountable, and strong sense of teamwork.
- Desire and drive to advance you career in technology sales.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Resilient and persistent. Gets it done, whatever it takes.
- Self-directed with strong sense of personal ownership or accountability.
- Thinks critically, a problem solver, mentally tough.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strongly developed set of personal and professional ethics.
- A good sense of humor. We believe your job should be fun!
In 2005, Carbonite introduced a new way to protect computer files, quickly becoming one of the leading providers of affordable, easy-to-use cloud backup for consumers. Since then we’ve expanded to include a complete range of advanced data protection solutions for today’s sophisticated IT environments.
Today, businesses of all sizes use Carbonite to keep critical data online and accessible no matter what. We’ve delivered consistent growth with more than 30 consecutive quarters of record revenue. We’re rapidly expanding our product portfolio, driving SMB sales growth more than 50% for two consecutive years. Through recent acquisitions of DoubleTake and EVault, we’re uniquely capable of delivering a full complement of backup, disaster recovery and high availability solutions for any size business in any location around the world, all supported by a state-of-the-art global infrastructure.
Carbonite is comprised of more than 1,000 dedicated individuals at locations all over the world. Our headquarters is in the heart of Boston’s bustling Downtown Crossing neighborhood. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With a proven ability to drive both organic and inorganic growth, we’ve set our sights on becoming the undisputed leader in data protection. As a leading provider of cloud solutions and software as a service (SaaS), we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We’re currently adding to our team of skilled professionals, both in the U.S. and globally, to help us keep the momentum going for this year and the future.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://carbonite.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000355&tz=GMT-04:00 →