Technology SPACs List: 100 (Or So) Blank Check Companies, IPOs and Merger Updates
Welcome to page five of five.
Tailwind Acquisition Corp.: Qomplx, a risk analytics provider that helps companies protect against cyber security threats, has agreed to go public through Tailwind Acquisition Corp. The equity value of the deal is $1.4 billion. As part of the deal, Qomplx will buy two other private companies: Risk analytics company Sentar and insurance modeling platform Tyche. Source: Bloomberg, March 1, 2021.
Tailwind Two Acquisition: This is the third blank check company formed by Casper CEO Philip Krim. The SPAC, targeting a technology business, is seeking to raise $300 million in an IPO. Source: Renaissance Capital, February 17, 2021.
Tech & Energy Transition: The company raised $385 million in an IPO. The SPAC plans to focus on companies that use or facilitate disruptive, differentiated technology to build, enable, service, or manage businesses or infrastructure undergoing transformation. A particular focus will be placed on software, technology enabled services, communications, internetworking, clean energy and industrial technology, and any other sectors that enable or support digital transformation. Source: Renaissance Capital, March 17, 2021.
Technology & Telecommunication Acquisition: Multiple updates…
- The blank check company, targeting the telecom and tech sector in Malaysia, has filed with the SEC to raise up to $100 million in an IPO. Source: Renaissance Capital, December 22, 2021.
- Technology & Telecommunication Acquisition Corp expects to launch an IPO on the Nasdaq Global Market on January 18, 2022. Source: The Star, January 16, 2022.
TG Venture Acquisition: The blank check company, targeting the space technology, FinTech, and TMT (telecommunications, media and technology) industries, filed on Friday with the SEC to raise up to $100 million. The SPAC will focus on businesses with enterprise values of less than $1.25 billion. Source: Renaissance Capital, August 13, 2021.
Thimble Point Acquisition: The blank check company, targeting high-growth software and technology, raised $240 million by offering 24 million units at $10.The company may raise an additional $50 million at the closing of an acquisition pursuant to a forward purchase agreement with anchor investor KLP SPAC 1. Source: Renaissance Capital, February 2, 2021.
Thoma Bravo Advantage: Multiple updates…
- This is a blank check company formed by private equity firm Thoma Bravo in late December 2020. The SPAC filed a form with the SEC indicating that it plans to raise up to $900 million for an initial public offering (IPO) and an associated software company investment/acquisition. In preparation for that potential acquisition, The Thoma Bravo Advantage IPO was completed on January 20. Parent Thoma Bravo already has private equity stakes in such MSP-friendly technology businesses as Barracuda, ConnectWise, Solarwinds and Sophos, among many others. Source: ChannelE2E, January 20, 2021.
- Thoma Bravo Advantage will take IronSource public through a merger, the companies have confirmed. The deal values ironSource at a pro forma equity value of $11.1 billion. Source: ChannelE2E, March 21, 2021.
TPG Pace Tech Opportunities II Corp, TPG Pace Beneficial II Corp and TPG Pace Solutions Corp: The three SPACs have filed to raise $450 million, $350 million and $250 million, respectively, by selling ordinary shares on the New York Stock Exchange. Source: Reuters, March 8, 2021.
Tribe Capital Growth I: Multiple updates…
- The SPAC, formed by Tribe Capital and Arrow Capital, has filed for a $200 million IPO and plans to acquire “top-decile private technology companies that are experiencing inflection points in their growth.” Source: Renaissance Capital. January 25, 2021.
- The SPAC raised the proposed deal size for its IPO to $240 million. Source: Renaissance Capital, February 26, 2021.
Tribe Capital Growth II: The company filed to raise up to $300 million in an IPO. The company plans to pursue opportunities with “top-decile private technology companies that are exhibiting inflection points in their growth.” Source: Renaissance Capital, March 29, 2021.
Truth Social: Former U.S. President Donald Trump will launch his own social media app, TRUTH Social, that he said would “stand up to Big Tech” companies such as Twitter and Facebook that have barred him from their platforms, Reuters reported. The TRUTH Social strategy involves a SPAC (special purpose acquisition company) merger. Source: Trump Media & Technology Group and Digital World Acquisition Corp., October 20, 2021.
TVC Acquisition: The SPAC has filed with the SEC to raise up to $350 million in an IPO. TCV Acquisition intends to pursue an initial business combination with a high-quality growth company that has the potential to become a market leader in the software, internet, and/or financial technology (FinTech) sectors. Source: Renaissance Capital, March 19, 2021.
Vahanna Tech Edge Acquisition I: The blank check company, targeting tech businesses with connections to India, raised $174 million. The company plans to target businesses with strong connections to India and catering to large addressable market opportunities in India or other developed geographies such as the Americas and Europe, focusing on those with enterprise values between $750 million and $1+ billion. It plans to focus on broad categories within the technology sector. Source: Renaissance Capital, November 23, 2021.
Vector Acquisition II: The second blank check company formed by Vector Capital is targeting the tech industry. Vector Acquisition II has raised $450 million, and plans to leverage its management team’s experience to target the technology and technology-enabled services sectors. Source: Renaissance Capital, March 10, 2021.
Vector Acquisition III: This is the third blank check company formed by Vector Capital targeting the tech industry. The SPAC has filed with the SEC to raise up to $250 million in an IPO. Management’s previous SPACs include Vector Acquisition II (VAQC), which went public earlier this month, and Vector Acquisition (VACQ), which went public in September 2020 and has a pending merger agreement with launch and space system developer Rocket Lab. Source: Renaissance Capital, March 15, 2021.
Vector Acquisition IV: This is the fourth blank check company formed by Vector Capital targeting the tech industry. The SPAC has filed with the SEC to raise up to $350 million in an IPO. Source: Renaissance Capital, March 15, 2021.
Blog originally published February 10, 2021. Check back regularly for updates on new SPACs, related IPOs and associated technology mergers.