M&A List: 13 UCaaS Mergers, Acquisitions and Private Equity Investment Deals
Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) remains a hotbed market for mergers, acquisitions and private equity deals.
M&A activity typically involves UCaaS companies that offer cloud- and software-based solutions for collaboration, voice, video, and contact center as a service.
Here’s ChannelE2E’s UCaaS M&A deal list, which we update regularly.
13. January 2021: BCM One acquired SkySwitch to expand its UCaaS expertise.
12. December 2020: Crestline invested in Broadvoice to expand UCaaS and contact center as-a-service (CCaaS) markets.
10. August 2020: Intrado, backed by private equity firm Apollo, acquired ONSip for UCaaS capabilities.
8. February 2020: Sverica Capital Management acquired Cytracom, which promotes UCaaS to MSPs.
7. February 2020: Comcast acquired Blueface for UCaaS.
6. February 2020: Lingo Communications, a cloud & MSP focused on SMB unified communications, acquired selected customers from Blue Casa Telephone.
5. December 2019: BCM One acquired UCaaS provider Arena One. Private equity firm Thompson Street Capital Partners (TSCP) backs BCM One.
4. October 2019: Digerati Technologies, a UCaaS provider, acquired Miami-based Nexogy for cloud communication and broadband solutions.
3. October 2019: RingCentral invested in Avaya.
2. April 2018: Searchlight Capital Partners acquired Mitel and its ShoreTel business for $2 billion.
1. April 2018: Evolve IP acquired Cisco Broadsoft partner thevoicefactory, gaining UCaaS while extending the MSP & CSP deeper into Europe.