SolarWinds MSP Acquires SpamExperts Email Security Solutions
Indeed, the acquisition signals that parent company SolarWinds has returned to M&A mode with its MSP division. The division had been busy digesting the LogicNow since that acquisition in June 2016. The move also affirms claims by several SolarWinds MSP executives in recent months that the company would increasingly bet on managed security solutions for partners.
Amid that effort, SolarWinds MSP in March quietly scouted the RSA Security conference for trends and potential M&A targets, company sources told ChannelE2E at the time.
SpamExperts: The Promise for MSPs
The SpamExperts acquisition ensures SolarWinds MSP customers can enjoy “more secure and robust mail protection and management,” SolarWinds MSP General Manager John Pagliuca said in a prepared statement.
Going forward, SolarWinds MSP will provide MSPs with the following SpamExperts capabilities:
- An intelligent threat engine that is continuously updated.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Delivery in 16 languages.
- Private branded options.
SpamExperts’ email filtering and archiving services complement the SolarWinds MSP Mail email continuity and security product, SolarWinds MSP stated. The services are available to MSPs, internet service providers (ISPs), telcos and other IT service providers globally.
SolarWinds MSP has been busy on multiple fronts. The company earlier this month released Backup Documents, an automated document recovery solution for business workstations. And in July the company unveiled a SolarWinds MSP Manager app that enables MSPs to access support tickets and customer information from smartphones and tablets.
Crowded MSP Security Market
Still, the company’s core rivals aren’t resting on their laurels. Among the recent moves to note:
- ConnectWise is quietly inking security partnerships with multiple companies, and a major push on the managed security front is expected at IT Nation 2017 in November.
- Continuum is beta testing a Security Operations Center (SOC) for its MSP partners. An official announcement is likely at Continuum Navigate 2017 in October.
- Kaseya recently announced new SaaS bundles involving the company’s AuthAnvil software.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.