SolarWinds Acquires LogicNow for Bigger MSP Software Push
SolarWinds has acquired LogicNow and will merge the business with its N-able software division — rebranding the MSP effort as SolarWinds MSP, the companies confirmed moments ago. The move seeks to build an MSP-centric software giant that offers RMM, PSA, business continuity and other services.
Among the sound bites from key executives:
- “SolarWinds now offers a strong and complete IT services portfolio for MSPs of every scale and size,” SolarWinds CEO Kevin Thompson said.
- “SolarWinds N-able & LOGICnow have a shared vision of success. Together our partners represent the most successful MSPs in the world,” according to JP Jauvin, GM, SolarWinds N-able
- “SolarWinds MSP simplifies success for MSPs worldwide,” Walter Scott, former LOGICnow CEO and the new Executive Vice President for SolarWinds MSP
SolarWinds Buys LogicNow: Potential Upside
The combination of N-able and LogicNow — to be called SolarWinds MSP — will deliver a range of MSP automation solutions including:
- Remote monitoring and management
- Remote control, access and support
- Security including anti-malware, multi-vendor patch management and web access control
- Backup & disaster recovery
- Risk and vulnerability assessment
- Email security and compliance-focused archiving
- Multi-platform support for Windows, Mac, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V, iOS, Android
- Help desk and service management functionality
- Advanced data analytics
- 24X7 Support
SolarWinds Buys LogicNow: Potential Downside
Still, integrated people, processes and products across the N-able and LogicNow teams won’t be easy. Both N-able and LogicNow offer RMM software. And that presents a double-edge sword going forward:
- Keeping both platforms means MSPs could face challenges trying to choose between the two RMM options.
- Killing one of the platforms could alienate MSPs on the abandoned platform.
- Updated: In response to ChannelE2E’s inquiry, SolarWinds has commented on its commitment to two RMM platforms.
Keep checking back for more updates.