Oracle Cloud Partner, MSP Attracts Private Equity Investment
AST, launched in 1995, is a Platinum-level Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) member. Founders Pravin Kumar and Shaji Zechariah are Oracle veterans. The MSP’s areas of expertise include Oracle cloud applications, business intelligence, enterprise performance management (EPM) and middleware implementations. More than 90 percent of AST’s workforce is now cloud certified. Tailwind Capital’s Gurvendra Suri joins AST’s board of directors as part of the deal.
AST is no stranger to the merger, acquisition and investment markets. The company in 2015 acquired Serene Corp., an Oracle-focused CRM and master data management (MDM) implementation expert.
Oracle Partner Ecosystem Activity
Mergers, acquisitions and investments across the Oracle partner ecosystem are common. Recent examples include:
- TriCore has been an active buyer of SAP- and Oracle-focused partners.
- Cognizant acquired Frontica Business Solutions for $128 million in October 2016.
- Emtec acquired Summit Technology, an Oracle-focused MSP.
- Edgewater Technology acquired M2 Dynamics Inc., an Oracle Platinum Partner.
- Venture Technologies acquired WhiteLight Group, an Oracle ERP channel partner.
Complete M&A Coverage: Track all VAR, MSP and CSP mergers and acquisitions by visiting the ChannelE2E Milestones section daily. Also, check out ChannelE2E’s Top 100 Mergers & Acquisitions across the IT channel, 2017 edition.