NTT Data Acquires Canadian IT Services Provider Sierra Systems Group
Sierra Systems of Vancouver, British Columbia, offers IT consulting, systems integration, and application managed services across Canada. Sierra will help expand NTT Data’s digital services capabilities and bolster its talent in core areas like Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle and ServiceNow, the company said. NTT Data also gains roughly 700 new Canadian-based employees.
NTT Data, founded in 1988, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation. The overall company has 188,000 employees across more than 50 countries. A sister organization, NTT Security, ranks among the world’s Top 100 MSSPs.
M&A activity in Canada has remained strong. Many U.S.-based IT service providers are looking to the Great White North to expand their regional reach and technical expertise. Among the key deals we’ve been tracking:
- SHEA Solutions acquired TGO Consulting, a Microsoft Dynamics consulting partner in Markham, Ontario, Canada;
- Canada’s KPMG acquired Adoxio Business Solutions, a Microsoft Dynamics 365 integrator and gold-level partner;
- F12.net bought fellow Canadian MSPs Apps on Tap Inc. and Paradigm Network Solutions Inc.;
- AppRiver acquired Roaring Penguin Software to bolster its email security software portfolio; and
- Global cloud networking provider GTT Communications acquired Accelerated Connections (ACI) in March 2018.