MSP Acquisition: Microsoft Partner IT Lab Group Buys Mirus IT Solutions
Microsoft partner IT Lab Group has acquired Mirus IT Solutions, a managed IT services provider (MSP) of Milton Keynes, England. The Mirus deal will lift IT Lab’s revenue to over £75 million (US$91 million), the company said. Financial terms were not disclosed.
IT Lab Group was one of the first authorized Microsoft Managed Desktop partners providing global end-user support services alongside the Microsoft Managed Desktop service. The company also works closely with AT&T Cybersecurity, leveraging the AlienVault Unified Security Management Platform (USM).
Mirus IT’s employees and management team will remain with the organization moving forward, the company confirmed to ChannelE2E.
IT Lab of London has made three acquisitions in the past three years. Earlier deals involved Perspective Risk (May 2017), Content and Code (September 2018) and JMC (2015).
IT Lab Group Acquires Mirus IT Solutions: Executive Perspectives
Describing the latest deal, IT Lab CEO Peter Sweetbaum said:
“By coming together, we are able to help Mirus’ clients benefit fully from Microsoft’s 3 Clouds and the transformational capabilities of Dynamics; SharePoint; Teams and Power Apps in addition to Mirus’ Office 365 and Azure offerings. IT Lab’s cyber security services, including our award-winning Security Operations Centre and Penetration Testing services will also provide Mirus’ clients with increased options in an increasingly security focused world.”
Paul Tomlinson, managing director of Mirus, added:
“In early 2019 we reviewed our long-term strategy and felt our clients’ needs and the industry were changing rapidly. After thorough review we felt that the right way to address this was to join a larger organization who had the range of additional skills our clients needed and of course the same approach to providing an exceptional experience when delivering service.”
MSPs, IT Services: UK Mergers, Acquisitions
This is the latest in a growing list of MSP mergers and acquisitions across Europe. Other deals we’ve tracked include:
- Private equity firm Primary Capital Partners acquires ASL Group, an MSP focused on managed print services & unified communications in the United Kingdom.
- ExcelRedstone acquired Kedington — one of the United Kingdom’s largest IT services providers.
- AdEPT acquired Shift F7 Group, essentially uniting two managed IT services providers (MSPs) in the United Kingdom. The deal’s potential price tag: Roughly £7.4 million (about US$9.6 million).
- Peach Technologies acquired Taylor Made Computer Solutions (TMCS), creating one of the United Kingdom’s largest independent managed IT services providers (MSPs).
- Diversified of New Jersey acquired Digitavia — a United Kingdom-based provider of standardized AV (audio visual) solutions and support services.
- Chess Ltd. acquired Foursys, a 10-year Sophos cybersecurity partner. The deal added more than £11m to Chess’s turnover, bringing it to £120m.
- CMI acquired Solsis Ltd., an MSP that supports about 2,500 end-users around the south of England, including London.
- Ensono acquired Attenda, a UK-based MSP.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.