Fiber Optic Network Service Providers: Merger and Acquisition Deal List
Merger and acquisition (M&A) activity involving fiber optic network service providers remains steady. Here’s a sampling of fiber optic M&A deals that ChannelE2E has tracked.
15. July 2020: Private equity firm Oak Hill Capital acquired telecom and fiber optic network service provider Otelco.
14. July 2020: Investment firms APG Group and Fiera Infrastructure acquired Conterra Ultra Broadband Holdings – also known as Conterra Networks.
13. June 2020: Fiber optic service provider FirstLight acquired some fiber assets from DFT Communications.
12. May 2020: Charlotte, North Carolina’s Segra completed the NorthState acquisition — gaining a high-speed bandwidth services provider in Segra’s. home state.
11. May 2020: South Reach Networks acquired the Florida fiber and colocation assets of Resurgence Infrastructure Group.
10. April 2020: Fiber network provider Transtelco acquired Neutrona Networks International, a software-defined service provider in Latin America & the Caribbean.
9. April 2020: Private equity firm Grain Management acquired Hunter Communications.
8. March 2020: Metronet acquired Jaguar Communications.
7. February 2020: Everstream, a Cleveland-based fiber networks provider, acquired Detroit’s Rocket Fiber.
6. May 2019: FirstLight acquired Maine Fiber Company, extending FirstLight’s fiber network throughout Maine and providing a unique route for the company into Canada.
5. May 2019: Fiber network owner Zayo Group Holdings was bought by Digital Colony Partners and EQT Partners for more than $8 billion.
4. Apr 2018: ZenFi Networks and Cross River Fiber merged to create a “leading communications infrastructure provider” that offers fiber and colocation services in the New York and New Jersey metro areas.
3. May 2018: ExteNet Systems acquired Hudson Fiber Network (HFN), gaining a fiber optic infrastructure footprint across the New York and New Jersey region.
2. Jul 2017: EQT bought Lumos Networks for approximately $950 million.
1. Dec 2016: Consolidated Communications acquired FairPoint Communications, a broadband fiber and managed services provider for $1.5 billion in stock.