Amazon Web Services (AWS) Acquires Cloud Migration Tool Provider TSO Logic
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has acquired TSO Logic, which develops analytics tools to help customers and partners optimize their cloud migrations and AWS workloads. TSO Logic’s website confirmed the deal.
TSO Logic’s tools provide a “data-driven analysis of total cost of ownership and cost modeling for your ideal future state.” The company says its platform can:
- Ingest millions of data points from a customer’s current environment, including age, generation and configuration of all hardware and software — and each instance’s historical utilization.
- Creates a fine-grained statistical model of compute patterns for all OS instances, showing how much a customer is spending, where they’re over-provisioned, and where there are opportunities to realize significant savings both now and in the future.
- Recommend potential options for running workloads in public or private cloud configurations.
Recent AWS Acquisitions
This is Amazon’s second AWS-related acquisition in recent days. The other deal involved cloud backup and disaster recovery (BDR) startup CloudEndure, according to the BDR company’s website.
ChannelE2E is checking to see if TSO Logic and CloudEndure will integrate with AWS Outposts, a technology that extends Amazon’s cloud capabilities to on-premises systems.
Also, we’re poking around to learn if or how AWS will promote CloudEndure and TSO Logic’s technology to MSPs — hundreds of which now support customer migrations and ongoing monitoring of AWS workloads.
Mergers, Acquisitions: Cloud Migration, Management and Cost Optimization Tools
ChannelE2E has been tracking multiple cloud cost management and monitoring partnerships in recent months. Moreover, the major public cloud providers — AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform — have acquired a range of cloud migration, management and cost optimization tools in recent months.
Among the product launches, partnerships and acquisitions that have caught our attention:
- Flexera acquired RightScale in October 2018.
- Presidio introduced Concierge in August 2018.
- Microsoft acquired Cloudyn in 2017.
- Kaseya acquired Unigma in 2017.