Atos Acquires Dell, EMC, Pivotal Big Data Partner zData
Atos has acquired zData, an IT consulting firm and MSP focused on Pivotal — the big data platform owned by Dell Technologies. Financial terms were not disclosed. The deal bolsters Atos Codex, an analytics platform that’s backed by 4,500 Atos consultants worldwide.
zData offers consulting, deployment and managed services for:
- Greenplum or HAWQ, including system management and remote DBA services;
- Couchbase, a popular NoSQL database for building web, mobile & IoT applications;
- Hadoop, the popular open source storage platform for big data projects; and
- Solr a popular search platform built on Apache Lucene.
Atos, meanwhile, has roughly 100,000 employees in 72 countries and positions itself as Europe’s No. 1 brand for IT and digital services. Like many integrators and IT consulting firms, the company has been expanding its big data, cybersecurity and cloud services expertise. The zData deal, for instance, further expands Atos’s footprint in North America.
Atos has made multiple IT and vertical market acquisitions over the past year. Earlier deals involved:
- Engage ESM — a ServiceNow Gold Services Partner that also works with Cisco Systems, Moogsoft and HP Inc.
- Anthelio Healthcare Solutions for $275 million in Sept. 2016.
Complete M&A Coverage: Track all VAR, MSP and CSP mergers and acquisitions by visiting the ChannelE2E Milestones section daily. Also, check out ChannelE2E’s Top 100 Mergers & Acquisitions across the IT channel, 2017 edition.