Accenture Set to Acquire Arismore for IAM Security Services
Accenture (ACN) intends to acquire Arismore, which specializes in identity and access management (IAM) security services, as well as enterprise architecture and change management services. It’s the sixth major investment or acquisition.
Arismore is based in France, which means the buyout requires “prior consultation with the relevant works councils and would be subject to customary closing conditions.” Accenture does not plan to disclose financial conditions.
Accenture Security already has extensive IAM and MSSP (managed security service provider) expertise. Acquiring Arismore would add roughly 270 security and enterprise architecture professionals to the Accenture team.
Accenture’s Security Acquisitions
This is the latest in a growing list of Accenture deals focused on security. The company over the past year or so has also acquired:
- Maglan, a privately-held Israeli cybersecurity company specializing in offensive cyber simulation, vulnerability countermeasures, cyber forensics and malware defenses;
- FusionX, a company with a 20-year cyber defense legacy; and
- Cimation, an affiliate of Audubon Companies and an Industrial Internet of Things consulting company.
At the same time, Accenture has been buying up cloud-oriented IT consulting firms — many of which focus on Google G Suite, Workday and ServiceNow.
How are all of those buyouts and investments working out? We’ll get some clues on Wednesday, Dec. 21, when Accenture announces its latest quarterly results.
IT Services, Security and M&A
Meanwhile, security-focused IT service providers continue to attract strong M&A interest. Among the recent deals we’ve tracked:
- Deloitte acquired an MSSP in August 2016;
- Netsurion and EventTracker merged their MSSP practices in October 2016; and
- Proficio raised $12 million for an MSSP push in November.
More deals are likely coming. Chief among them: An investment group featuring Cognizant Technology Solutions and Capgemini veteran Larry Gordon is seeking to acquire an IT services firm that specializes in security.
Complete M&A Coverage: Track all VAR, MSP and CSP mergers and acquisitions by visiting the ChannelE2E Milestones section daily.