5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 21 December 2022
Iridium launches a satellite IoT service, the EU launches an investigation into the Broadcom/VMware acquisition and more. Sip up!
Credit: Getty Images
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, December 21, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected]
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
- Iridium’s Satellite IoT: Iridium has launched a satellite IoT service. The new Iridium Messaging Transport (IMT) service is a two-way cloud-native networked data system for Internet of Things (IoT) applications, optimized for use over the company’s Iridium Certus portfolio.
- Global Big Data: The global big data as a service (BDaaS) market size reached US$38.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group is expecting the market to reach US$120.7 Billion by 2028 for a growth rate of 20.78% during 2023-2028.
- Acquisition Investigation: The European Commission says it will investigate the proposed $61 billion acquisition of cloud computing and virtualization firm VMware by chipmaker Broadcom.
- MSP Acquisition: Global digital transformation and cybersecurity solutions and services provider Noventiq has acquired one of India’s principal Microsoft partners, G7 CR Technologies India Pvt Ltd.
- New Cybersecurity Appointment: Alliant Insurance Services, which distributes diversified insurance products and services, has announced the appointment of CJ Dietzman as Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk. Dietzman’s focus will be on delivering transformational cybersecurity programs for Allient’s clients, the company said.
B. In-Person Channel Partner Summits & MSP Conferences
- NRF 2023 – Retail’s Big Show (January 15-17, New York)
- NerdioCon 2023 MSP Conference (February 27-March 2, Cancun, Mexico)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.