Why ServiceNow Acquired DotWalk: Automated IT Service Management Upgrades
ServiceNow quietly acquired DotWalk in late 2021. The acquisition is designed to help MSPs and IT professionals to automate upgrades and testing of ServiceNow applications. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
This was technology M&A deal number 812 that ChannelE2E covered in 2021. See all technology M&A deals for 2022, 2021 and 2020 listed here.
ServiceNow Acquisitions Target Workflow Automation
Together, ServiceNow and DotWalk plan to “seamlessly map business processes and workflows on the Now Platform to proactively identify the tests needed for application changes.”
DotWalk’s technology uses intelligent automation to identify and validate error sources that can arise within application upgrade processes when analyzing logs in the background, the seller said.
ServiceNow has maintained a steady rate of acquisitions. Additional deals to note include:
- August 2021: Database performance company Swarm64.
- May 2021: Lightstep to marry ITSM and application performance monitoring (APM).
- March 2021: Intellibot for robotic process automation (RPA).
- November 2020: Element AI to meld artificial intelligence (AI) with automated workflows.
- January 2020: Passage AI, a conversational artificial intelligence company that will boost automated chatbots.
ServiceNow Partner M&A Deals
Meanwhile, M&A activity across ServiceNow’s partner ecosystem — spanning ISVs, MSPs and IT consulting firms — also remains strong.