MSP Acquisition: Loffler Buys Optimum Communications Corp. for Midwest Expansion
MSP merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the Midwest continues at a rapid pace. The latest deal: Loffler Companies has acquired Optimum Communications Corporation (OCC).
OCC is a St. Cloud, Minnesota-based IT solutions provider with additional offices in Aberdeen, South Dakota. The acquisition will allow Loffler to expand its IT offerings to the St. Cloud and Central Minnesota region, the companies says.
OCC, which opened its doors in 2002, will begin operating under the Loffler banner. “Nothing changes for you except you now have a talented team of almost 500 office technology and services professionals supporting you. Customer satisfaction will continue to be our number one priority!” the company said on its website.
From Office Equipment To IT
Loffler claims to be the largest privately owned technology and managed service company in the Upper Midwest and the firm continues to grow. The company’s suite of technology offerings and services includes solutions from Mitel, Dell EMC, Aruba, Nutanix, Microsoft 365, in addition to complete security services.
Loffler, based in Bloomington, Minnesota, has also helped to pioneer the managed print services (MPS) market. While thousands of VARs and MSPs have struggled to offer managed print, Loffler has accurately pointed out that the market is filled with imposters.
Loffler began its existence as an office equipment reseller, but in recent years began moving aggressively into the technology side of the market. The company has made multiple acquisitions over the past decade. Example Loffler deals include:
- Techies IT, a smaller business-to-business IT consultancy owned largely by the founder of the Geek Squad (2010)
- Image Path (2014)
- Quality Document Solutions (QDS), Matrix Laser Care, Cartridge Care and Laser Technologies (multiple timeframes)
- Copier Business Solutions (2016)
- A+ Imaging Systems (2016)
- Clear North Technologies (2016)
Office Equipment Dealers: Mergers, Acquisitions
M&A in the office equipment market has been strong over the past couple of years. Recent deals include:
- Private equity firm Sentinel Capital Partners acquired UBEO Business Services, a provider of printer, copier, and related office equipment.
- Arista Business Imaging Solutions bought Sharp Electronics Corporation
- Global Imaging Systems (GIS), a Xerox Company, acquired Laser Resources, a Grimes, Iowa-based multi-brand equipment dealer.