Immedion Acquires Combination MSP, Data Center Provider ISG
Integral Solutions Group was founded in 1987 by J M Smith Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in South Carolina. ISG grew into a full-service managed IT services provider that offers on-premises, colocation and cloud services. The company has a 6,000-square foot, purpose-built data center facility, and typically supports customers in Greenville and Charleston, South Carolina.
The deal, expected to be finalized this quarter, will expand Immedion to nine data centers in seven markets.
Explaining the deal, Immedion CEO Frank Mobley said:
“Since day one, our passion has been to help local businesses solve their IT problems through the delivery of reliable, secure and ‘Always On’ solutions. This continues to be our top priority, and we believe the added capacity and technical resources from Integral will be beneficial as we continue to serve the current and future needs of our markets.”
Added ISG President Joe Strayer:
“Integral Solutions Group is known for our outstanding customer service and reliability. Partnering with Immedion is a great step to further enhance Managed Service Solutions. Our customers will still get to work with the ISG experts they’ve come to rely on, and the combination of our infrastructure and resources will strengthen the products and services available to them. This is a win for both our companies, and more importantly, a win for clients in the Carolinas.”
Immedion, founded in 2007, delivers enterprise-class data center and managed services to smaller cities, the company says. That effort now includes data center facilities in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville and Rock Hill, SC, Asheville, NC, Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, IN and now Spartanburg, SC.
Immedion’s key technical partners, according to the company’s website, include:
- Backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Agility Recovery, Commvault, Veeam and Zerto.
- Infrastructure Solutions: Cisco Systems, Dell Technologies and NetApp.
- System and Platform Software: Microsoft, Red Hat and VMware.
ISG’s key technical partners, according to the company’s website, include:
- Backup, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Datto, StorageCraft
- Security: McAfee and Webroot
- Infrastructure: Cisco Systems, Dell Technologies
- System and Platform Software: Citrix Systems, Microsoft
Earlier Immedion acquisitions have included Data Cave, a data center in Columbus, Indiana; and Appica, a VMware and NetApp hosting and cloud partner.
Immedion Acquires ISG: Remaining Questions
ChannelE2E reached out to Immedion with the following questions about the ISG acquisition:
- How many people does Immedion employ, and how many ISG team members will join the new owner?
- Will ISG President Joe Strayer transition to Immedion, and if so in what capacity?
- Who owns Immedion and how are acquisitions funded?
ChannelE2E will update this article if/when we have answers to share.