Amazon AWS Cloud Partner Mergers and Acquisitions: 26 Buyouts Listed
Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud partners remain active on the merger and acquisition (M&A) front.
Many of the M&A deals and buyouts involve AWS-focused MSPs (managed IT service providers), IT consulting firms and ISVs (independent software vendors) that assist customers with workload migration, management and optimization services.
Here’s a list of AWS cloud partner M&A deals that ChannelE2E has covered:
26. August 2020: Improving acquired Object Partners.
25. July 2020: Accelera acquired Ayenem.
24. July 2020: VMware acquired Datrium for disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) designed for VMware Cloud on AWS (Amazon Web Services).
23. June 2020: Deloitte Ireland acquired DNM.
22. June 2020: Effectual acquired Five Talent, an AWS partner focused on DevOps and software modernization projects.
20. April 2020: Globe Telecom acquired Cascadeo — a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP & AWS partner — for $4 million.
19. April 2020: Accenture acquired Gekko, an AWScloud services consulting company & managed IT services provider (MSP).
18. March 2020: SAP HANA partner EPI-USE acquired Afonza, an AWS partner in Atlanta, Georgia.
17. January 2020: Effectual acquired JHC Technology, an AWS and Microsoft Azure consulting partner with public sector expertise.
16. December 2019: Global system integrator NTT Data Services acquired Flux7, an AWS cloud consulting partner.
15. December 2019: Global systems integrator TEKsystems acquired 1Strategy, an AWS APN member.
14. November 2019: Connectria acquires WSM International, a cloud consulting firm for AAWS and Microsoft Azure customer migrations.
13. November 2019: Rackspace acquires Onica, a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP focused on AWS.
12. October 2019: Cognizant acquired Contino, an AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting company.
11. October 2019: ST Telemedia acquired majority control of 2nd Watch, a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP for AWS and Microsoft Azure.
10. June 2019: Hexaware acquired AWS partner Mobiquity, a customer experience consulting firm.
9. January 2019: Amazon acquired cloud backup and disaster recovery (BDR) startup CloudEndure.
8. May 2019: Mission, a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP & major AWS partner, raised an additional $15 million in private equity funding.
7. May 2019: Champion Solutions Group acquired DirecLogix.
6. April 2019: Dell Technologies Capital invested in Faction, an MSP that supports VMware Cloud on AWS.
5. March 2019: Mission, a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP & AWS partner, scored $8 million line of credit for cloud services customer optimization.
4. March 2019: RDX (now Navisite) acquired ClearDB. MSP offers managed database as a service (DBaaS) & MySQL expertise across AWS, Azure & GCP.
3. February 2019: RDX (now Navisite) acquired clckwrk, a London-based AWS expert & an Oracle Gold Partner.
2. January 2019: Syntax Systems acquired EmeraldCube Solutions, an Oracle partner that offers managed applications on AWS.
1. December 2018: ServerCentral, a managed IT infrastructure provider, acquired Turing Group, an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner.