Accenture Acquires Digital Marketing Agency Storm Digital
Accenture has acquired Storm Digital, a digital marketing agency in the Netherlands. Roughly 90 Storm Digital employees will tuck into the fast-growing Accenture Interactive business. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The acquired business, which has offices in Amsterdam and Groningen, serves customers across such vertical markets as financial services, automotive, retail and travel.
Accenture Interactive has been growing both globally and in the Netherlands. Related acquisitions include the 2018 buyout of U.S.-based Adaptly, and the 2016 purchase of mobile specialist Mobgen in Amtsterdam.
Describing the latest deal, Anatoly Roytman, head of Accenture Interactive Europe, Africa and Latin America, said:
“Accenture Interactive has continued to scale programmatic services for global brands; with the addition of Storm Digital, we can move faster and further in terms of scale and expertise, and help to drive strong results for our clients.
Storm Digital CEO Viktor van der Wijk added:
“We’re very proud to have attracted the attention of the world’s largest digital agency. Storm Digital is well respected in digital marketing and Accenture Interactive has acknowledged that. Joining Accenture Interactive enriches our team and clients with international scalable digital solutions that are essential to win in an increasingly demanding environment.”
Accenture Acquisitions: Cloud Services & Cybersecurity Company List
Accenture has been acquiring business, technology and consulting firms worldwide — with a focus on cloud services, digital transformation, and cybersecurity skills. The company’s recent acquisitions include:
- March 2019: Two consulting firms — Hjaltelin Stahl (a Danish creative agency) and Enterprise System Partners (a Cork, Ireland-based firm).
- January 2019: Orbium for financial services expertise.
- December 2018: Acquiring Knowledgent, a data intelligence company.
- December 2018: Acquiring Oracle cloud partner PrimeQ, a SaaS integrator and managed services provider (MSP) in Australia.
- December 2018: Acquiring Enaxis Consulting, a Houston-based digital consulting firm with experience in IoT, analytics, and robotics across the oil, gas and airline industries.
- November 2018: Investing in Financial Analytics Company Quantexa
- November 2018: Acquiring Adobe Partner Kaplan
- November 2018: Acquiring US-based SAP partner Intrigo Systems.
- November 2018: Buying Kolle Rebbe, a digital media agency.
- October 2018: Acquiring DAZ Systems to bolster its Oracle cloud services business.
- August 2018: Buying Mindtribe and Pillar Technology to help expand its Industry X.O digital practice.
- July 2018: Acquiring Kogentix for big data analytics and AI offerings.
- May 2018:Acquired Oracle partner Certus Solutions.
Accenture had a $1 billion war chest for acquisitions as of about 2017. We’re poking around to see how much of that money has yet to be spent.