Synnex Launches Microsoft Cloud ISV Ecosystem
Synnex is striving to connect the dots between Microsoft cloud ISVs and solutions providers. Independent software vendors (ISVs) involved in the strategy according to Synnex include:
- Cloud Backup – SkyKick
- Cloud Migration – SkyKick
- Cloud Migration (Productivity and Infrastructure) – BitTitan
- Document Sharing and Collaboration – LiveTiles, ServicePoint365
- Dynamics CRM Services and Support – Edgewater Fullscope (formerly Zero2ten
- Mobile Device Management – Lightspeed Systems
- Partner Cloud Enablement (Sell, Onboard and Service the Microsoft Cloud) – BitTitan
The ISV effort surfaced this week at Synnex Spring Varnex 2016 in Texas. Solutions providers that want to plug into the ISV ecosystem can email SYNNEX in the U.S. (email@example.com) and Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Plugging ISVs Into Cloud Platforms
Through a mix of partnerships, home-grown software development and acquisitions, distributors are striving to build cloud marketplaces that VARs and MSPs can plug into.
At Synnex, the effort has largely been called CLOUDSolv (though I must concede: I need a brush-up interview on their strategy. Stay tuned). Rival efforts involve Avnet Cloud Marketplace, Arrow Cloud Services, Ingram Micro Cloud, Tech Data TDCloud and WestconGroup’s BlueSky, among others.
Ingram, in particular, has been acquiring cloud platform technology — including Odin for cloud automation and Ensim for cloud distribution. Listen for more potential updates at Ingram Micro Cloud Summit this week in Phoenix.
Meanwhile, Synnex Spring Varnex continues in Texas. We’ll be sure to offer updates from that conference as well.