SD-WANs Dominate Channel Partners Conference & Expo 2017
Seeking to cash in on the rapidly growing SD-WAN market, multiple companies have launched new software defined WAN partner programs and services at this week’s Channel Partners Conference & Expo 2017 in Las Vegas.
Here’s a sampling of the news across multiple technology areas:
1. SD-WAN Service Guarantee: MegaPath, a provider of voice, data, security and cloud services in North America, launched MegaPath RED, a premium customer program for businesses that cannot afford downtime. Customers who purchase MegaPath SD-WAN Enterprise and a MegaPath T1 or Ethernet Circuit, will automatically receive free Proactive Monitoring, a 100 percent uptime guarantee, priority customer support, and preferential pricing on all voice services.
2. SD-WAN Partner Program, Talent: Nitel’s software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) and SD-Security services are now available to channel partners and corporations nationwide. The solutions, offered in alliance with Versa Networks, are built for mid-market to large enterprises, the company said. Also, Jason Dishon has joined Nitel as EVP of sales and marketing. The former Windstream Communications channel chief also is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
3. SD-WANs Partner Program, Part II: VergX also has partnered with Versa Networks to create a “turnkey software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) and security (SD-Security) solution for managed service providers (MSP) and resellers.”
SD-WAN Market Forecast
What’s driving all those SD-WAN moves? The simple answer: Money.
The SD-WAN market is expected to reach $9.06 billion by 2021, up from $738.9 million in 2016, according to Markets and Markets. That’s a compound annual growth rate of 65.11 percent, the researcher says.
Multiple factors are driving SD-WAN demand. Chief among them: The use of mobile devices — smartphones, notebooks, and tablets — to access corporate networks. And the ability for network operators to save huge capital and operational expenditures, Markets and Markets says. Moreover, SD-WAN are affordable in comparison to traditional networking connections, the researcher asserts.
More Channel Program Updates
Meanwhile, additional telecom and channel partner news emerged at the conference. Key moves included:
1. Partner Program: Vonage launched a Strategic Sales Group dedicated to supporting the indirect channel. In addition to offering partners a portfolio of unified communications , the Strategic Sales Group will provide support for a “more personalized, white glove, end-to-end customer experience.” Skyler Stewart, a VP at Vonage, leads the Strategic Sales Group.
2. MSP Solutions: Adtran expanded its ProCloud Subscription Services Suite for MSPs. The lineup now features four solution categories, ProCloud Unified Communications, ProCloud Security, ProCloud Analytics and ProCloud Network Management. All of the offerings are available a monthly subscription.
3. Unified Security Management: RapidScale, which specializes in managed cloud services, has launched Unified Security Management to address customers’ compliance and security requirements.
4. Partner Program: NetFortris has launched a combined channel partner program with Fonality, a provider of UCaaS communications software for SMEs and SMBs. NetFortris acquired Fonality earlier this year.
5. Partner Program – SaaS Marketplace: SaaSMAX has added five new applications to its SaaS marketplace for partners. They include ClicData, FastSensor, ContractWorks, SecureDocs and Telestax.
That’s it (for now) from the Channel Partners Conference & Expo 2017 in Las Vegas.