Rubrik Launches Channel Partner Program
Cloud data management and protection company Rubrik, which is mulling a potential IPO (initial public offering), has launched its first global partner program for resellers.
The Palo Alto, California-based company says its Velocity Partner Program will provide new and expanded opportunities for partners and customers and help them “tap into the $48 billion data management market opportunity.”
Interest in the company is running high. Former Cisco Systems CEO John Chambers invested in Rubrik and joined the cloud data protection company’s board of directors, the parties confirmed in August 2018. Pundits expect the company to pursue a potential IPO late this year or in 2019, pending the overall health of financial markets.
Rubrik has seen exponential growth since it opened its doors in 2014. The company has more than 1,200 employees and is nearing a $300 million bookings run rate, according to its own numbers. The company attributes this growth to its channel connections.
“Rubrik’s unprecedented growth is due in large part to our phenomenal partner ecosystem and our 100% channel go-to-market approach,” said Bertrand Yansouni, VP of Worldwide Channel at Rubrik. “Our new Velocity Partner Program expands upon our commitment to the channel by empowering partners to drive their key business initiatives through Rubrik, like building their cloud business or driving more advanced services. We believe this new program will increase the velocity of our partners’ success.”
Rubrik Partner Program Components
Among the new benefits for Rubrik’s reseller community:
- A New Partner Program Structure Offering a Framework for Differentiation: The new program includes three tiers (Authorized, Select, and Elite). Classification is based on competency and performance. Requirements will vary based on country and partner size so that every partner has access, and a clear progression path, to the highest tiers. The program also introduces new specializations to recognize unique capabilities.
- Enhanced Partner Enablement: Rubrik is launching Rubrik Academy, a new enablement program for the entire Rubrik partner ecosystem, which includes accreditations for partner sales, pre-sales, and post-sales.
- New Incentives and Rewards: To invest in partners that invest in Rubrik, the Velocity Partner Program introduces a rebate for Elite partners, lead and opportunity sharing, joint marketing funds, and incentives for partner sales and sales engineer representatives in the highest tiers.
Program benefits will go into effect February 1, 2019.
Rubrik Growth Strategy
Rubrik has been bolstering its partner strategy for some time. Former Google Cloud Chief Bertrand Yansouni joined the company earlier this year as VP of worldwide channel. Former Cisco Systems CEO John Chambers also invested in Rubrik and joined the board of directors in August.
The company’s other recent hires include:
- Atlassian alum Murray Demo as CFO;
- Box veteran Peter McGoff as Chief Legal Officer;
- Adobe veteran Jeff Vijungco as Chief People Officer; and
- Mulesoft veteran Shay Mowlem as SVP of Product & Strategy
The firm also acquired NoSQL cloud backup business Datos IO in February.
Rubrik’s business is centered in multiple sectors including backup and recovery, disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), data archiving, and more. The company can be seen as a disrupter within the data backup arena, but it’s also faces potential competition from Druva, Veeam, StorageCraft, and Datto.