5 Channel Partner Observations: 23 Sept 2015
5. Microsoft Office 2016 – A Different View: Microsoft Channel Chief Phil Sorgen (pictured) is touting Office 2016’s ability to create “some great opportunities for our partners to reach new and existing customers as well as continue to grow their cloud businesses.” But I also think Microsoft should tout Office 2016 for internal use among its partner base. Channel partners that consume the suite will discover more collaboration, business intelligence and project management tools that could help day-to-day productivity within VARs, MSPs and other service providers.
4. Hadoop Partner Programs: Cisco will attend next week’s Strata+Hadoop World in New York. Cisco has been promoting its unified compute infrastructure for big data and Hadoop applications, though I don’t know how many partners are certified to sell the integrated solution… Still, Hadoop-centric channel partner programs at Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR are certainly in growth mode.
3. IT Monitoring Meets Analytics: ChannelE2E has covered LogicWorks‘ new LOGICcards big data tools for MSPs pretty closely. But the wave of analytics and big data tools for IT managers and service providers will only grow larger. A key example: Splunk this week launched IT Service Intelligence (ITSI), which “provides breakthrough visibility into the health and key performance indicators of IT services,” the company claims.
2. Marketing Services for MSPs: I caught up with Stuart Crawford, CEO of Ulistic, earlier this week. His company continues to assist MSPs with their marketing, branding and SEO efforts (among other things). For roughly $1,500 to $2,000 per month, Ulistic helps MSPs with a range of marketing activities — Web and traditional marketing. direct mail, content development, telemarketing (leveraging telemarketing agencies) and more. The goal? Ulistic becomes a virtual chief marketing officer for the MSP. The company typically serves MSPs with at least $1 million in annual recurring revenue, Crawford noted.
1. Want to Meet?: I’m set to attend two conferences next week — Continuum Navigate (Las Vegas) and Strata+Hadoop World (New York). If you’d like to potentially meet at either event please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com).
Subscribe: Want to receive ChannelE2E’s blog headlines, insights and updates in your inbox each business day? Then subscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.