5 Channel Partner Observations: 21 Sept 2015
7. New Partner Program: Redbooth, an all-in-one workstream collaboration and communications platform, has launched a Unified Communications (UC) channel partner program and hired a new channel chief: Marcy Kawadler (pictured), former channel manager with Polycom and Avaya.
6. Channel Partner Programs Database: Is your company listed in ChannelE2E’s Channel Partner Programs Database — which MSPs and VARs can easily search to find the products and services they need?
5. Small Business Lending: Intuit and OnDeck have launched a new lending program — QuickBooks Financing Line of Credit — to provide faster access to lower-rate small business loans, the companies say. Intuit and OnDeck will launch a new $100 million small business lending fund to back the new offering, the duo added.
4. Midmarket Channel Move: Protocol Systems is now an Avaya Platinum Partner, promoting the networking company’s complete stack of midmarket solutions. The relationship serves UAE customers with 200 to 500 users. Note: Channel E2E’s Midmarket Coverage addresses customers with 250 to 1,000 seats.
3. Cisco Recurring Revenue: It could more than double by fiscal year 2020, according to Oppenheimer. Much of the recurring revenue will come from subscription-baed software focused on security, SDN, Web conferencing and WiFi management, the researcher says. If Cisco gets the recurring revenue model right, the move could provide a clearer path forward for VARs that haven’t quite embraced the managed services model.
2. Cloud Sherpas Buyout Figure: How much did Accenture pay to acquire Cloud Sherpas, the cloud consulting firm focused on Google Apps and Salesforce.com deployments? A source pegs the figure at $350 million to $400 million, according to the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Now, if we only had some EBITDA and top-line revenue figures for Cloud Sherpas, we could compute the valuation. Anybody care to leak the figures to ChannelE2E?
1. Thank You: This is ChannelE2E’s fourth business day of coverage. We appreciate those of you who are checking in with us daily. Got a news tip or channel insight to share? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.
Subscribe: Want to receive ChannelE2E’s blog headlines, insights and updates in your inbox each business day? Then subscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.